PDA

View Full Version : 1959 Sox League Champs Audio...

Medford Bobby
01-25-2003, 11:29 PM
Curious if any Sox fans have audio from the Sox winning the 1959 Pennat against Cleveland from Sept. (maybe the 22sd?) 1959???What might some audio be worth (historical wise) to all Sox fans on this site??? Please give me some feedback from rainy Oregon????? :)

Lip Man 1
01-26-2003, 03:01 PM
To the best of my knowledge no known audio exist of that game. You might want to try to contact the Chicago Museum of Broadcast History they may be able to help.

I have about ten seconds of video from the celebration and of course I have the audio from #1 of the 1959 World Series but that's it.

Lip

TornLabrum
01-26-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
To the best of my knowledge no known audio exist of that game. You might want to try to contact the Chicago Museum of Broadcast History they may be able to help.

I have about ten seconds of video from the celebration and of course I have the audio from #1 of the 1959 World Series but that's it.

Lip

Mike Murphy has played audio of the telecast of the DP that ended the game. You can email him at murphfred670@hotmail.com, and maybe he will let you know his source.