PDA

View Full Version : Watch out for Detroit!

CHISOXFAN13
01-24-2003, 02:22 PM
The Tigres just signed former Braves standout Steve Avery who has been out of baseball for three years.

I'm really shaking now....

hose
01-24-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
The Tigres just signed former Braves standout Steve Avery who has been out of baseball for three years.

Avery doing radio or tv ?

PaleHoseGeorge
01-25-2003, 01:58 PM
I remember applauding Selig for moving his pathetic excuse of a franchise out of our division and into the N.L. Central. That move allowed the Sox to restore one of our oldest rivalries, the one with the Detroit Tigers. We're two of only four charter franchises left in the American League.

Unlike the carpetbagging Brewers, the Tigers are a franchise steeped in baseball history. The '68 Tigers are still one of my favorite teams of all-time. Tiger Stadium is Old Comiskey's closest cousin. So I must say, it pains me to see this once great franchise pointlessly flopping around as it has been for the past ten years.

It's with the TIGERS we should be fighting for the division crown, not those tiny **** punks from Minneapolis. How disappointing...

:(:

:tool
"If the Braves ever try to leave Atlanta, you just know I'm going to grab the nickname and uniform style for my Brewers. Then I'll be able to relive my youthful memories from the 1950's owning the Milwaukee Braves--and playing in the National League, too! WOO HOO!!!"

SouthSideHitman
01-25-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I remember applauding Selig for moving his pathetic excuse of a franchise out of our division and into the N.L. Central. That move allowed the Sox to restore one of our oldest rivalries, the one with the Detroit Tigers. We're two of only four charter franchises left in the American League.

Unlike the carpetbagging Brewers, the Tigers are a franchise steeped in baseball history. The '68 Tigers are still one of my favorite teams of all-time. Tiger Stadium is Old Comiskey's closest cousin. So I must say, it pains me to see this once great franchise pointlessly flopping around as it has been for the past ten years.

I completly agree, the Tigers are a great franchise who never had more than three losing seasons in a row until the 90s and I'd love to see them contend again. Actually, I think the Bengals might surprise people and do a turnaround this year and end up near .500. Don't know why, I just have a feeling.

Oh, and not to nitpick, but the Yankees were the Baltimore Orioles in 1901, so technically, if they are a charter franchise then so are the Twins, A's and Orioles

PaleHoseGeorge
01-25-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by SouthSideHitman
...Oh, and not to nitpick, but the Yankees were the Baltimore Orioles in 1901, so technically, if they are a charter franchise then so are the Twins, A's and Orioles

The Yankees aren't a charter franchise. The only four charter members left are the White Sox, Tigers, Indians, and Red Sox. Everyone else is either defunct or relocated--including those Gotham City carpetbaggers originally from Baltimore.

:gulp:

michigan84
01-27-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13

Ha Ha! Hilarious! He was signed to a minor league contract, he's not even guaranteed a spot in the rotation. And you can thank Mike Ilitch, the cheap skate that he is, for moves like this.