PDA

View Full Version : Twins response to Sox offseason


gogosoxgogo
01-23-2003, 05:09 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20030123&content_id=193336&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp

Worth a good read if nothing else.

hold2dibber
01-23-2003, 05:57 PM
To me, the key for the Sox is the performance of Wright and Garland (and Jimenez to a lesser extent).

The key for the Twins is the performance of their starting rotation. Virtually every single guy in their bullpen had a career year last year. They're not going to be nearly as good this year. But they can make up for that expected drop off if Radke, Milton and Mays stay healthy and return to form; all had sub-par years last year. If those guys all get back in the groove, the Twins are a 90+ win team again.

RedPinStripes
01-23-2003, 06:58 PM
The Sox lost by 13 last year. If Colon wins 20, do the math. This is all pending things go as expected. This team should be ablr to win 95 games in this crap division especially if they can get twins #.

Bmr31
01-23-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
The Sox lost by 13 last year. If Colon wins 20, do the math. This is all pending things go as expected. This team should be ablr to win 95 games in this crap division especially if they can get twins #.

Colon is a good pitcher, and im excited about the signing. However, as much as i hate to admit it, the twins are still a better baseball team.

Daver
01-23-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
Colon is a good pitcher, and im excited about the signing. However, as much as i hate to admit it, the twins are still a better baseball team.

The Twins have a better starting rotation,I would qusestion them having a better baseball team,though they do play as a TEAM better than the Sox do.

Bmr31
01-23-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by daver
The Twins have a better starting rotation,I would qusestion them having a better baseball team,though they do play as a TEAM better than the Sox do.

I just think they have the better ingredients to winning. Pitching, defense, speed. On the other hand, the best team doesnt always win. See the angels of 2002....patriots of 2002, etc...

RedPinStripes
01-23-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31
I just think they have the better ingredients to winning. Pitching, defense, speed. On the other hand, the best team doesnt always win. See the angels of 2002....patriots of 2002, etc...

Fundamental baseball. Something the Sox lack which is the most important area if you want to survive past the first 3 games of the playoffs. We'll see if they learned anything. I know one idiot that wont.

:caballo
"They dont call me dumbass caballo for nothing"

Chisox_cali
01-23-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Fundamental baseball. Something the Sox lack which is the most important area if you want to survive past the first 3 games of the playoffs. We'll see if they learned anything. I know one idiot that wont.

:caballo
"They dont call me dumbass caballo for nothing"

Oh man I remember last season on SnR, everytime you called him "dumbass caballo" he would do something good, HR, clutch hit etc. It was kind of funny. :smile:

RedPinStripes
01-23-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Oh man I remember last season on SnR, everytime you called him "dumbass caballo" he would do something good, HR, clutch hit etc. It was kind of funny. :smile:

Not always. :D: HR is good for more then 1 reason with him. He cant get picked off or get caught stealing 3rd with Maggs or Konerko at bat. If he hits 30-40 hr and i'll call him dumbass all year. lol