PDA

View Full Version : Report says Rose is willing to admit...

mike squires
01-22-2003, 11:36 AM
Newday has reported that Pete Rose is finally willing to admit that he bet on baseball.

cheeses_h_rice
01-22-2003, 11:50 AM
I'm shocked and appalled by this revelation, I tells ya.

voodoochile
01-22-2003, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
I'm shocked and appalled by this revelation, I tells ya.

Okay, now that he's being honest they should put him in the Hall!

moochpuppy
01-22-2003, 11:55 AM
Another reason to feel all warm and fuzzy about Major League Baseball.

What a joke!

TornLabrum
01-22-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by mike squires
Newday has reported that Pete Rose is finally willing to admit that he bet on baseball.

Sources close to Rose report that he was so overcome by guilt after reading the "Fallen Arches" column several weeks ago on the subject, that he felt he had to come clean.

idseer
01-23-2003, 11:24 AM
doesn't anyone else think this is part of a private deal worked out with the 'commissioner' prior to reinstatement and consequent availability to the hall?

voodoochile
01-23-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by idseer
doesn't anyone else think this is part of a private deal worked out with the 'commissioner' prior to reinstatement and consequent availability to the hall?

Probably, I just wish someone would "Say it isn't so, Joe."

LuvSox
01-23-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Probably, I just wish someone would "Say it isn't so, Joe." If this gets Rose in the Hall, then the door should be wide open for our 1919 guys.

voodoochile
01-23-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
If this gets Rose in the Hall, then the door should be wide open for our 1919 guys.

I don't want that either, but if Rose gets in, then Shoeless Joe's kids should be allowed to apologize on his behalf and then he should be eligible too...

TornLabrum
01-23-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I don't want that either, but if Rose gets in, then Shoeless Joe's kids should be allowed to apologize on his behalf and then he should be eligible too...

That would be difficult since Joe died childless.

PaleHoseGeorge
01-23-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
That would be difficult since Joe died childless.

details... details...

:smile:

RedPinStripes
01-23-2003, 07:44 PM
Bud is turning this into a circus as usual. Rose should have been in the hall years ago IMO, but not allowed to work in baseball for life.

voodoochile
01-23-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
details... details...

:smile:

Are there any cousins? Nephews? Nieces? Brothers? Etc? If not, maybe some enterprising fan wants to start the "We apologize for Joe" movement and see what happens. Not me, like I said - I don't want him in the HOF...

pissonthecubs
01-23-2003, 08:45 PM
i am all for Pete Rose being able to be back in baseball. i think it is an outrage that the man with the most hits in baseball history is not in the HOF. many people fail to remember that he never, never bet on the team he was managing. i believe that Pud Selig is just trying to help his image since it is not the best. i am also very much in favor of having Shoeless Joe in the HOF if Rose is in. Just look at Jackson's numbers during that world series and it is hard to have an argument against Joe Jackson.

TornLabrum
01-23-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by pissonthecubs
i am all for Pete Rose being able to be back in baseball. i think it is an outrage that the man with the most hits in baseball history is not in the HOF. many people fail to remember that he never, never bet on the team he was managing. i believe that Pud Selig is just trying to help his image since it is not the best. i am also very much in favor of having Shoeless Joe in the HOF if Rose is in. Just look at Jackson's numbers during that world series and it is hard to have an argument against Joe Jackson.

The rule that is posted in every major league clubhouse and about which every team has a presentation every spring says nothing about betting on your own team. It says "betting on baseball games." Period.