PDA

View Full Version : Hey Sox fans...

CubKiller
08-12-2001, 10:57 PM
...at least the Cubs will be out of first place in 24 hours.

Kilroy
08-12-2001, 10:59 PM
Honestly, who gives a damn about the Cubs? I'm more interested in this Sox team making a push down the stretch. They just aren't making any hay. But, Seattle is beating everyone. At least the Sox put them to the test all three games.

danman31
08-12-2001, 11:03 PM
Hey Kilroy where are you from?

CubKiller
08-12-2001, 11:04 PM
Most Sox fans wanna see the Cubs go down the tubes. Didn't you know...?

I'm furious about tonight's loss, too - don't get me wrong. The Sox shoulda had at least 2 of these games. It sucks.

Bucktown
08-12-2001, 11:10 PM
I am with Kilroy. I hate Cub fans, but I could care less about the Cubs. The joy I derive from watching Cubs fans anguish is about 1% of that I experience when the Sox flourish.

FarWestChicago
08-12-2001, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Bucktown
I am with Kilroy. I hate Cub fans, but I could care less about the Cubs. The joy I derive from watching Cubs fans anguish is about 1% of that I experience when the Sox flourish.

I don't think it's about joy. I don't have to suffer at the hands of the great, unwashed masses of Flubs fans out here. But, I don't want my fellow Sox fans back in the Chicago area to undergo the abuse I am fortunately spared.

Kilroy
08-12-2001, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by danman31
Hey Kilroy where are you from?

Chi-town born and bred, and still make my home there to this day. Don't get me wrong, I love it when the Cubs burn, but I can't take any real joy in it when the Sox aren't winning.

Believe me, I bash the ChUBS every chance I get. But I can't sit back and ease the sting of another Sox loss with a Cub loss. It just doesn't work.

danman31
08-12-2001, 11:46 PM
You guys have to live on the north side and have only a few other Sox fans in your Jr. High class, and the rest be Cubs fans to realize that you care what the Cubs do. I know it's obvious that I would rather see the Sox win the WS than the Cubs lose all of their games, but when the Cubs have a good year, like this year and in 98, I hear it all the time. I get dumb bs that its the Cubs year when they are only .5 game ahead of Houston. I hate the Cubs, I hate their fans, I hate their park. Bottom line I HATE THE CUBS. That's why I asked where you are from Kilroy because if you lived near a lot of Cubs fans you'd care what they did.

CubKiller
08-13-2001, 12:02 AM
Danman31 - you said it.

Even growing up on the Southside I've always been seemingly outnumbered by Cubbie fans. This year is as tough as it's been in quite a while.

Life is miserable when the Sox don't win. And to put up with the Cubs and their jackass fans when they're winning (or even .500) is damn near impossible. Heck, even when the Cubs are losing it's hard to put up with them.

CubKiller
08-13-2001, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago

I don't have to suffer at the hands of the great, unwashed masses of Flubs fans out here. But, I don't want my fellow Sox fans back in the Chicago area to undergo the abuse I am fortunately spared.

<p>
Thank you for considering us FWC!

FarWestChicago
08-13-2001, 12:14 AM
Thank you for considering us FWC!

Hey, Sox fans have to stand up for each other. Nobody else is going to.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-13-2001, 12:20 AM

I don't think it's about joy. I don't have to suffer at the hands of the great, unwashed masses of Flubs fans out here. But, I don't want my fellow Sox fans back in the Chicago area to undergo the abuse I am fortunately spared.

I can confirm this. I just got back from a family reunion in Detroit earlier this evening and all anybody asked me about were the damned Cubs. Like a Sox Fan should really care? They KNEW I was a Sox Fan and they still asked. There must be a few sadists in the family.

:)

I love the Sox, but I love living life, too. My life is easier when I don't attend a family picnic answering questions about the Flubbies.

FarWestChicago
08-13-2001, 12:25 AM
I can confirm this. I just got back from a family reunion in Detroit earlier this evening and all anybody asked me about were the damned Cubs.

You have no idea how many people at work have come up to me and said something about how excited I must be about the Flubs. They each make that mistake one time. Then they receive a little education about being a baseball fan in Chicago. :)

PaleHoseGeorge
08-13-2001, 12:36 AM

You have no idea how many people at work have come up to me and said something about how excited I must be about the Flubs. They each make that mistake one time. Then they receive a little education about being a baseball fan in Chicago. :)

That's the problem. These were my in-laws so I couldn't go off on them! I would end up divorced, LOL!

You know, nobody had much to say about the Sox last year when we were walking away with the championship. They're Tigers fans and Detroit is in our division! Yet this year it's Cubs Cubs Cubs and the team is barely able to keep those pukes from Houston out of first-place.

It's times like this I begin to feel paranoid.
:)

FarWestChicago
08-13-2001, 12:43 AM
That's the problem. These were my in-laws so I couldn't go off on them! I would end up divorced, LOL!

Between the ol' rock and the hard place there. Probably better off taking your lumps and keeping quiet, LOL!

PaleHoseGeorge
08-13-2001, 12:48 AM

Between the ol' rock and the hard place there. Probably better off taking your lumps and keeping quiet, LOL!

Of course the subject of the Sox wouldn't have come up at all last year except they were still pissed at the Sox for "starting" the fight with their Tigers back in April. What a joke!

What they're really passionate about is hockey and the Red Wings. I won't bite, of course. I spend my winters trying to ignore Bill Wirtz's money-making machine.