PDA

View Full Version : Valentin and Harris go deep in PR

pudge
01-21-2003, 12:46 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing some of this over here in October...

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20030121&content_id=192742&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp

MikeKreevich
01-21-2003, 04:48 PM
Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Ah, warm weather and baseball, what could be finer?

Daver
01-21-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Guzman's Goat
Ah, warm weather and baseball, what could be finer?

Opening day of bow season for moose in Minnesota with two feet of snow on the ground. :redneck

delben91
01-21-2003, 06:18 PM
Hopefully Willie doesn't get any Ray Durham type ideas in his head that he can turn into a power hitter. He's got potential as a leadoff guy if he can stay within his role, I'd hate to see him try to do too much and end up losing an opportunity because of it.

Foulke You
01-22-2003, 12:29 PM
Jose is just a guy who absolutely loves the game of baseball and is one of the biggest overall impact players the Sox have gotten in the past few years. His hustle and positive attitude are an asset to the Sox. I know someone will probably flame me for this and start listing me stats on his errors but I feel strongly about Valentin being THE guy for the Sox at SS. If he stays healthy, look for him to have a huge year.

gogosoxgogo
01-22-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
Jose is just a guy who absolutely loves the game of baseball and is one of the biggest overall impact players the Sox have gotten in the past few years. His hustle and positive attitude are an asset to the Sox. I know someone will probably flame me for this and start listing me stats on his errors but I feel strongly about Valentin being THE guy for the Sox at SS. If he stays healthy, look for him to have a huge year.

I agree with everything you said. He's also one of the most clutch guys I've ever seen.

SouthSideHitman
01-22-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You

Agreed. I think he has to be my favorite Sock to watch play (and I mean play) baseball since Ozzie. They both still have that true passion for baseball that you can't help but love to watch. Jose is definitly the best option at short, he still makes lots of good plays in the hole (great arm), he is a rare non-righty the Sox need and his leadership abilities, thought non-quantifiable, I feel really add to the club. Besides, the Sox only had something like six more errors than the AL average last year and I don't think that that, or the baserunning really killed the Sox(don't get me wrong, they're simple enough that the Sox should be able to do them, but it isn't as big a deal as some say), it was pitching and that's looking up for this year.