PDA

View Full Version : Lodging in Tucson during Spring Training

Spot
01-21-2003, 10:54 AM
Hi all~

This will be our first time going to Spring Training in Tucson and we'll be bringing the kids. Can you guys recommend some good places to stay?
Thanks!

Spot

:mkillcub

voodoochile
01-21-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Spot
Hi all~

This will be our first time going to Spring Training in Tucson and we'll be bringing the kids. Can you guys recommend some good places to stay?
Thanks!

Spot

Hey, welcome aboard. I can't answer your question, but I think a couple of folks have been to ST before and probably will be able to help you out...

Have fun!

:D:

gogosoxgogo
01-21-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Spot
Hi all~

Thanks!

Spot

Welcome to WSI! Sorry, I've never been to spring training, but have fun when you go, I've always wanted to.

FoulkeFan
01-21-2003, 03:28 PM
When I was in Tucson 2 years ago, I stayed at the Doubletree Guest Suites. I got a "Spring Training Rate" from a flyer that I got at Soxfest that year. If you're going to Soxfest, check out the Tucson booth for more information. I wasn't too impressed with the Doubletree, but it was OK. This year I'm staying at the Sheraton Inn & Suites. There aren't too many hotels really close to Tucson Electric Park. It's kind of in the middle of a whole lot of nothing. The Doubletree was about a 15-20 minute drive from the park.

Spot
01-21-2003, 04:23 PM
That's good info, FoulkeFan -- I wondered about the hotels offering spring training rates when I was at SoxFest last year. I'll be going to this year's SoxFest, so I will pick up the flyers again--but word of mouth is more important to me than a "fancy" flyer! Thanks so much for your reply! Spot