PDA

View Full Version : K Dubbs Quote

DustyIsOverated1
01-21-2003, 11:09 AM
This morning on the way to work I head julie Sweickert (sp) interview KW at the press conference. Obviously it was a recording but----K W did say he , as he likes to say, on someone but isn't sure yet.

Maybe a center fielder, but most likely a 5. Hopefully it's Robert Person or dare I say kenny rogers????

gogosoxgogo
01-21-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by DustyIsOverated1
This morning on the way to work I head julie Sweickert (sp) interview KW at the press conference. Obviously it was a recording but----K W did say he , as he likes to say, on someone but isn't sure yet.

Maybe a center fielder, but most likely a 5. Hopefully it's Robert Person or dare I say kenny rogers????

Was this before or after the signing of Gordon was official? I have a feeling it may just be him. But, if he does get someone else, don't expect it to be a superstar by any means.

gogosoxgogo
01-21-2003, 12:06 PM
Well, I just heard on ESPN 1000 that KW is working on signing Buehrle to a one year deal and Koch long term so that they can avoid arbitration on both. Nothing about any further signings.

delben91
01-21-2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
Well, I just heard on ESPN 1000 that KW is working on signing Buehrle to a one year deal and Koch long term so that they can avoid arbitration on both. Nothing about any further signings.

If the Sox sign Buehrle to a one year deal, would that void the Sox' rights to him through 2005? And thus he'd be a free agent with Colon after this season?

gogosoxgogo
01-21-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by delben91
If the Sox sign Buehrle to a one year deal, would that void the Sox' rights to him through 2005? And thus he'd be a free agent with Colon after this season?

yes

jeremyb1
01-21-2003, 01:49 PM

no. absolutely not. that's just to determine what we will pay him this season. the only way we can lose his rights over the next four seasons would be if once he becomes arbitration elligible we non-tender him by refusing to offer arbitration.

gosox41
01-21-2003, 03:17 PM

I don't think so. It would be like the Sox and Burhle splitting the difference in the arbitration numbers and just agreeing to a one year contract. If signing him to a one year contract made him a free agent then a lot of teams would just as soon go to arbitration until the player was a free agent.

Bob