PDA

View Full Version : Official Sox Fest plans?

steff
01-21-2003, 07:52 AM
Where's everyone meeting? Which day? What time?

Hangar18
01-21-2003, 09:46 AM
Hey Steff, i'll be in the Atrium bar about 2 hrs before soxfest
opening on Friday ....and on saturday...will definitely be there
afterward. i'll have my redhaired nephew w me on Fri..
so i'll be easy to spot. Sat...will have bunch of younger cousins
/nephew w me too....kids love this stuff

whitesoxwilkes
01-21-2003, 02:49 PM
I'll be wherever Steff is. She's the coolest.

:)

Hangar18
01-21-2003, 03:33 PM
hope shes cool. dont like meeting jerk sox fans.
dont think ive ever met a jerk sox fan though.
jerk Cub fans. jerk yankee fans too.

steff
01-22-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
I'll be wherever Steff is. She's the coolest.

ROTFLMAO!!! Mike you are so crazy!! The Atrium bar seems like a good meeting place. I'm not sure we'll make it there until 6:30ish on Friday though. We'll be there early Saturday though. Going to swing by the park and see if we can get some pics with the digital camera, too.

Brian26
01-22-2003, 12:59 PM
Steff,

Just curious. Are you the on the far left of that photo or in the middle?

Just wonderin' :)

Bri

whitesoxwilkes
01-22-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by steff3603
ROTFLMAO!!! Mike you are so crazy!! The Atrium bar seems like a good meeting place. I'm not sure we'll make it there until 6:30ish on Friday though. We'll be there early Saturday though. Going to swing by the park and see if we can get some pics with the digital camera, too.

I'll probably wander up to the atrium bar after the festivities Friday and camp out there for the rest of the weekend. I'll wear a black Sox floppy to stand out.

Jeremy, Steff is on the left in that picture. She looks even better in person.

KonerkoPower14
01-22-2003, 03:26 PM
I'm going all three days,won't be able to meet in a bar cuz I'm only 15!Oh well. I can't wait though. I probably going to be carrying a baseball bat to get signed. Would a sharpie be ok to sign with,I don't want the autographs to smear. Also what floor does the players stay on.

steff
01-22-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Steff,

Just curious. Are you the on the far left of that photo or in the middle?

Just wonderin' :)

Bri

I'm on the left holding my neice (who was totally messing with my hair) so I look reeeeally gross in that pic. Also.. it was about 850 degrees and we were BBQ'ing in the parking lot. It was the morning of the Sunday game with the Cubs. We were melting!! With me is Mr & Mrs Alohafri - who will also be in attendance at SF03. And Jim is to the left of Mr. Aloha.

KP14, I think you can walk into the bar (it's a pretty big one) as long as you don't drink. Don't know for sure though.. it's been a long time since 15 for me :-).

whitesoxwilkes
01-22-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by KonerkoPower14
I'm going all three days,won't be able to meet in a bar cuz I'm only 15!Oh well. I can't wait though. I probably going to be carrying a baseball bat to get signed. Would a sharpie be ok to sign with,I don't want the autographs to smear. Also what floor does the players stay on.

KP, for a bat, Sharpies are best, but for a ball, ballpoint pen is the way to go. Mark Buehrle told me this himself last summer...not joking. Get a plastic tube to carry your bat around in.

Hangar18
01-22-2003, 03:49 PM
Hey KonerkoPower....you can go to the Atrium Bar upstairs....
you just cant sit at the bar,,,you have to be at the tables.
my nephew is the same age, and he'll be with me...
stop by......i'll have pics for you guys to check out.....

Brian26
01-22-2003, 03:55 PM
I'm on the left holding my neice (who was totally messing with my hair) so I look reeeeally gross in that pic.

You look great. The Sox have the hottest fans.
Nice tan, too :)

:hawk

"Mercy!"

mike squires
01-22-2003, 03:58 PM
Mark Buehrle told me this himself last summer...not joking.

Only two dissapointments happened at lsat years soxfest. They were doing some major construction on Wacker drive last year. My wife and I got totally lost and ended up in Wrigleyfill. (last place you want to be during Soxfest. After a few curse words and some tears (literally) we got there. We were like a block away the entire time. :angry: Then Buehrle totally smeared an autograph on his Bowman rookie card. Oh, man...two hours for an autograph and the ink just totally smeared. It wasn't his fault, but it was dissapointing.

gogosoxgogo
01-22-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by KonerkoPower14

All the players have their own pens, you don't need to bring one unless you want an autograph seperate from those long lines. BTW, I hear ya about those bars, I'm 15 myself.

Pete_SSAC
01-22-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
...dont like meeting jerk sox fans...

Well,good thing I'm not going then....

- Pete

steff
01-22-2003, 04:24 PM
stop by......i'll have pics for you guys to check out.....

Hangar.. we MUST make sure we meet up. Like I said, we likely won't get there till about 6:30ish on Friday (damn work!! :angry: ) But we'll definitely stop in there after if we don't see everyone before and will definitely be there Sat AM for a Bloody Mary breakfast :D:

steff
01-22-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
You look great. The Sox have the hottest fans.
Nice tan, too :)

:hawk

"Mercy!"

Awww.. thanks!! The tan was quite expensive, too. Last spring we did Florida twice, Arizona 3 times, and California once. Not to mention all the time on the golf course (thank you Mr. Aloha :D: )

We went to Florida at the begining of Dec and I still have a bit of that tan... but nothing like the summer. That's the only thing I don't like about the winter.

SoxRulecubsdrool
01-22-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
All the players have their own pens, you don't need to bring one unless you want an autograph seperate from those long lines. BTW, I hear ya about those bars, I'm 15 myself.

No fake id's? :o: What's Chicago coming to?

Last year for autographs my nephew had a permenant silver pen that showed up great for autographs on his black jersey and hat. It was a great contrast.

KonerkoPower14
01-22-2003, 05:19 PM
thanks for the ideas,what kind of pics are you talking about Hangar?I'm hoping Colon goes, he might since he was here for the conference as well as Billy Koch.Thanks for the bat tube idea just bought one for $7 at a card store.Thanks

TornLabrum
01-22-2003, 07:24 PM
I'm working the Windy City Sox Fans booth during SoxFest for quite a bit of the time. Stop by, say high, pull a pencil and win a more or less valuable prize for a buck or join for 25 bucks and see some of your money do some good by having it go to Children's Memorial Hospital. Stop by Saturday and see Donn Pall, too. Were located next to the Grandstand booth and we'll all be freezing Friday because that's right by the loading dock.

I may do some hanging out at the atrium bar after SoxFest hours.

RedPinStripes
01-22-2003, 07:57 PM
Me and a few buddies have reservations all weekend . PARTY TIME! :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

hose
01-22-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
I'm working the Windy City Sox Fans booth during SoxFest for quite a bit of the time. Stop by, say high, pull a pencil and win a more or less valuable prize for a buck or join for 25 bucks and see some of your money do some good by having it go to Children's Memorial Hospital. Stop by Saturday and see Donn Pall, too. Were located next to the Grandstand booth and we'll all be freezing Friday because that's right by the loading dock.

I may do some hanging out at the atrium bar after SoxFest hours.

I will make sure to stop by the WCSF booth.

Iwritecode
01-23-2003, 11:23 AM

I was wondering about this. I am bringing along my brother-in-law who is only 19. Good to know. :smile:

Originally posted by mike squires They were doing some major construction on Wacker drive last year. My wife and I got totally lost and ended up in Wrigleyfill. (last place you want to be during Soxfest. After a few curse words and some tears (literally) we got there. We were like a block away the entire time. :angry:

I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one with this problem. Luckily we were able to find a cheap parking garage rather quickly and when we checked our trusty map we were only a few blocks away. :cool:

Originally posted by mike squires Then Buehrle totally smeared an autograph on his Bowman rookie card. Oh, man...two hours for an autograph and the ink just totally smeared. It wasn't his fault, but it was dissapointing.

You really gotta watch lefties for that. When they write, their hand is going towards what they already wrote. If they happen to rest their hand on whatever they are writting on, forget about it...

steff
01-23-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Me and a few buddies have reservations all weekend . PARTY TIME! :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

RPS.. will you be attending breakfast Saturday morning? :gulp:

whitesoxwilkes
01-23-2003, 07:10 PM
Let's all make a definite breakfast plan for Saturday in case we can't track each other down Froday night...

Daver
01-23-2003, 07:12 PM
Let's all make a definite breakfast plan for Saturday in case we can't track each other down Froday night...

Or is that Frodo night?

RedPinStripes
01-23-2003, 07:13 PM
RPS.. will you be attending breakfast Saturday morning? :gulp:

If i've had at least 3 hour sleep by that time. :D:

TornLabrum
01-23-2003, 09:14 PM
My plans have been slightly modified. Since I was one of the first 250 people to reserve a room for the weekend, I'll be spending time Saturday between 3:00 and 5:00 at an autograph session. Planned players are Harold Baines and Paul Konerko. I just hope he didn't read my "Please retire, Harold" article in the spring of 2001. I could be toast.

TornLabrum
01-23-2003, 09:20 PM

I'll probably have to go to the WCSF booth earlier than opening to help set up. There are two places in the hotel for breakfast, at least two years ago when I last made it to SoxFest: the walkway between the two towers and the atrium area. The latter is probably more conducive to a group getting together.

Daver
01-23-2003, 09:25 PM
I'll probably have to go to the WCSF booth earlier than opening to help set up. There are two places in the hotel for breakfast, at least two years ago when I last made it to SoxFest: the walkway between the two towers and the atrium area. The latter is probably more conducive to a group getting together.

Don't forget to get The Pope's autograph for my son Torn,we can make arrangements for me to pick it up later.

TornLabrum
01-23-2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by daver
Don't forget to get The Pope's autograph for my son Torn,we can make arrangements for me to pick it up later.

Email me Thursday evening to remind me. I'll be leaving Friday morning, and I'll print it out as a reminder. Since we're going to be right next to the Grandstand's booth, I'll see if I can get some of the guys who invariably stop over there to talk to Pete to sign a program for him if you'd like.

Daver
01-23-2003, 09:38 PM
Email me Thursday evening to remind me. I'll be leaving Friday morning, and I'll print it out as a reminder. Since we're going to be right next to the Grandstand's booth, I'll see if I can get some of the guys who invariably stop over there to talk to Pete to sign a program for him if you'd like.

Thanx Hal,whatever you can do to get my kid to grasp baseball would be appreciated.

I am moving that weekend,so I will E-mail you Early next week,I won't have access after that.

TornLabrum
01-23-2003, 09:44 PM
Thanx Hal,whatever you can do to get my kid to grasp baseball would be appreciated.

I am moving that weekend,so I will E-mail you Early next week,I won't have access after that.

I'll print it out and put it in with my "to pack" items. How old is your kid? I took my kid to Comiskey when he was about 5 for the first time. By the time he was seven, he was hooked. He's now 23 and we still try to get to a bunch of games, major and minor league, every year.

SoxRulecubsdrool
01-23-2003, 09:47 PM

Is that a liquid breakfast ? That's what I am planning. Then we can talk about what we did on Froday night. :cool: :smile:

:gulp:

Daver
01-23-2003, 09:49 PM
I'll print it out and put it in with my "to pack" items. How old is your kid? I took my kid to Comiskey when he was about 5 for the first time. By the time he was seven, he was hooked. He's now 23 and we still try to get to a bunch of games, major and minor league, every year.

He's 9,he has been to Comiskey a few times,but he plays football,and has little interest in baseball,I need some ammo to sway him away from football,I am a baseball guy.

whitesoxwilkes
01-24-2003, 09:08 AM
Or is that Frodo night?

Me fail English? That's umpossible!

Daver said I wouldn't get so many nosebleeds if I kept my finger out of it.

Iwritecode
01-24-2003, 10:42 AM
My plans have been slightly modified. Since I was one of the first 250 people to reserve a room for the weekend, I'll be spending time Saturday between 3:00 and 5:00 at an autograph session. Planned players are Harold Baines and Paul Konerko. I just hope he didn't read my "Please retire, Harold" article in the spring of 2001. I could be toast.

How did you find out about this? I remember reading something about a private autograph session for people that got the weekend hotel package but never received any info after that.