PDA

View Full Version : Top prospect report top 100

Daver
01-20-2003, 05:45 PM
Top prospect report has made a list of the top 100 prospects,here is how the Sox fared.

24 Joe Borchard OF CWS 318 K in 279 career games

60 Miguel Olivo C CWS Rarest of catchers: led SL in triples and stole 29 bases

63 Kris Honel RHP CWS Had 12 straight quality starts once pitch count was raised

97 Jon Rauch RHP CWS 4.99 ERA in last two years (AAA/MLB)

100 Anthony Webster OF CWS Reached base 2.13 times per game at Bristol

Complete list here. (http://www.theprospectreport.com/top100.html)

Viva Magglio
01-20-2003, 07:05 PM
Five prospects in the Top 100 is pretty good. Usually, we have two or three.

gogosoxgogo
01-20-2003, 07:09 PM
damn, Borchard and Rauch certainly went down after not living up to expectations last year.

RichH55
01-20-2003, 10:51 PM
?What's the ETA on Webster?

jeremyb1
01-21-2003, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by daver
Top prospect report has made a list of the top 100 prospects,here is how the Sox fared.

24 Joe Borchard OF CWS 318 K in 279 career games

60 Miguel Olivo C CWS Rarest of catchers: led SL in triples and stole 29 bases

63 Kris Honel RHP CWS Had 12 straight quality starts once pitch count was raised

97 Jon Rauch RHP CWS 4.99 ERA in last two years (AAA/MLB)

100 Anthony Webster OF CWS Reached base 2.13 times per game at Bristol

Complete list here. (http://www.theprospectreport.com/top100.html)

not a bad list but i'd expect the ba list to be pretty different in some places. i doubt you'll see kazmir as high as too or cuddyer as high as 12 while borchard will at least crack the top 20 if not the top 10 again.

kermittheefrog
01-21-2003, 02:09 AM
Originally posted by RichH55
?What's the ETA on Webster?

End of 2005.

RichH55
01-24-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
End of 2005.

Thats about the right time for him, but we do seem somewhat thin in OF prospects

hose
01-24-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
damn, Borchard and Rauch certainly went down after not living up to expectations last year.

I think Rauch will have a productive season for the White Sox and develop into a solid starter in the years ahead.
Last year he was coming off arm surgery and was rushed into a starting role. With Rauch getting his arm strength and mechanics back at the end of last year he showed what he is capable of.

Borchard has all the tools , just needs to cut down on his strike outs. I don't think he has any pressure to live up to all the expectations of a can't miss prospect. However, if Aaron Rowand's shoulder is not healed and he can't win the centerfield job in spring training , Borchard may be rushed into action. The success that Joe Crede had at the end of last year may have validated the patient approach the White Sox had in bringing him along. I am sure the club would like to do the same thing with Borchard. Leaving him down in Charlotte to cut down and shorten his swing and then calling him up in the second half of the season.

Daver
01-24-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by hose
The success that Joe Crede had at the end of last year may have validated the patient approach the White Sox had in bringing him along. I am sure the club would like to do the same thing with Borchard. Leaving him down in Charlotte to cut down and shorten his swing and then calling him up in the second half of the season.

Joe Crede spent one to many years down in Charlotte,not because he wasn't ready to play here,but to save a years service time towards free agency,I would guess Borchard will be treated the same.

gogosoxgogo
01-24-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by hose
I think Rauch will have a productive season for the White Sox and develop into a solid starter in the years ahead.
Last year he was coming off arm surgery and was rushed into a starting role. With Rauch getting his arm strength and mechanics back at the end of last year he showed what he is capable of.

Borchard has all the tools , just needs to cut down on his strike outs. I don't think he has any pressure to live up to all the expectations of a can't miss prospect. However, if Aaron Rowand's shoulder is not healed and he can't win the centerfield job in spring training , Borchard may be rushed into action. The success that Joe Crede had at the end of last year may have validated the patient approach the White Sox had in bringing him along. I am sure the club would like to do the same thing with Borchard. Leaving him down in Charlotte to cut down and shorten his swing and then calling him up in the second half of the season.

I agree. What I meant by my post is that I think most people expected Borchard to have a lot bigger year in AAA last year and be the sure-thing starting center fielder this year, which is why he went down. Rauch was expected to have a lot bigger year as well either in the minors or the majors despite his injury, so he went down. I agree with everything you said though. I hope Borchard stays down for at least half of this season. He needs to perfect his strike zone judgement.

hose
01-24-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by daver
Joe Crede spent one to many years down in Charlotte,not because he wasn't ready to play here,but to save a years service time towards free agency,I would guess Borchard will be treated the same.

Moving Jose to 3rd to make room for Royce slowed down Crede's arrival also.

I yelled a shout of encouragement to Crede as he was walking with the team into Tucson Electric Park last spring training.

"Hang in there Joe , you will get your shot"

Crede looked at me and had a deflated expression on his face and said, "I sure hope so"