Reed
Marte
Biaz
Koch

Closer

Everyday Eddy

voodoochile
01-20-2003, 12:59 PM
Hey, welcome aboard. Hopefully Crede takes away that 3B slot this season...

:D:

Vsahajpal
01-20-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by DustyIsOverated1
It's hard not to put the Sox in every position but, here it goes

1B Konerko
2B Ricky Gutierrez
3B Joe Randa
SS Omar
C A.J. Pierzynski
LF J.Jones
CF Tori
RF Maggs
DH Sweeny

Rotation--

Colon
Buerle
Mays
Sabathia
Radke

Relievers

Reed
Marte
Biaz
Koch

Closer

Everyday Eddy

Brandon Phillips will play 2B for Cleveland, Gutierrez has a serious injury. I'm not sure if he has recovered, but either way Phillips will play 2B.

Koskie or Crede at 3B.

JC Romero and LaTroy Hawkins were dominant last season.

OfficerKarkovice
01-20-2003, 01:22 PM
There is no way Eddie Guardado is a better closer than Billy Koch...he had a pretty good year last year but that's it...I don't think there is anyway he repeats that this year.

Dadawg_77
01-20-2003, 01:38 PM
1b: Sweeny
2b: ?
3b: Koskie
SS: Omar
OF: Mags
OF: Hunter
OF: Beltran

DH: Thomas

SP Colon
SP Buhrle
SP Milton
SP Radke
SP CC

DustyIsOverated1
01-20-2003, 02:24 PM
per Officer Karkovice--

There is no way Eddie Guardado is a better closer than Billy Koch...he had a pretty good year last year but that's it...I don't think there is anyway he repeats that this year.

I don't know if there is a blowout on either side here. I chose Eddy becuase he faired well in the playoffs were as Koch kinda stunk the place up. But I will admit that the lot of his saves were fairly easy where as Billy was duking it out on the west coast

ssang
01-20-2003, 03:24 PM
I hope everyone here is aware that Koch is far from a sure thing. If you like interesting last innings and a slew of late inning walks, then you'll love watching Billy Koch with the White Sox. I watched the playoffs last year and he had his teammates pissed off! Koch is going to cause tons of ulcers for Sox fans this season.

gosox3072
01-20-2003, 06:13 PM
Koch's record against central opponents is horrible and so is colon so dont get your hopes way way up, you never know what will happen

hose
01-20-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by gosox3072
Koch's record against central opponents is horrible and so is colon so dont get your hopes way way up, you never know what will happen

The Sox seemed to have Colon's number, hitting him pretty hard and having some success against him in the past. The White Sox probably are the main reason for Colon's poor numbers against AL Central teams.

The Sox picking up Colon is the complete opposite of the Bears getting Edgar Bennet or the Cubs getting Jeff Blauser.

The Bears and Cubs went after these two players because they were so impressed with how they played against their clubs.
Once they were signed both teams found out first hand that they sucked against everyone else.

Colon will do just fine against the AL Central

gogosoxgogo
01-20-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by gosox3072

Like hose said, I wouldn't worry about it. Stats can be very misleading. You could have also said that Colon is horrible against lefties in the 7th inning at night on turf when the leadoff man on his team didn't get a hit and his first two pitches of the game are strikes.

Daver
01-20-2003, 10:09 PM
All numbers lie.

MarkEdward
01-20-2003, 11:03 PM
Let's see:
C A.J. Pierzynski
1B Mike Sweeney
2B Brandon Phillips
3B Corey Koskie
SS Omar Vizquel
LF Carlos Lee
CF Carlos Beltran
RF Magglio Ordonez
DH Frank Thomas

OF Torii Hunter
OF Milton Bradley
IF Paul Konerko
IF Luis Rivas
C Vic Martinez

SP Mark Buehrle
SP C.C. Sabathia
SP Bartolo Colon
SP Danyz Baez
SP Eric Milton

RP J.C. Romero
RP Billy Koch
RP Tony Fiore
RP Damaso Marte
RP Latroy Hawkins
RP Jeremy Affeldt

Pete_SSAC
01-20-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward

SP Mark Buehrle
>>SP C.C. Sabathia<<
SP Bartolo Colon
SP Danyz Baez
SP Eric Milton

Ummm... WHAAAAAAA???? If memory serves me correct, but didn't CC have a less than stellar year last year? And you are putting him before a 20+ game winner, with a 3 something ERA?

#5 I will give you... not #2.

- Pete

michigan84
01-21-2003, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC
Ummm... WHAAAAAAA???? If memory serves me correct, but didn't CC have a less than stellar year last year? And you are putting him before a 20+ game winner, with a 3 something ERA?

- Pete

Agreed.

CC's okay, but no where near the #2 pitcher in the AL Central. Maybe the #5 pitcher at best. Also, I don't understand why this guy has Baez on his list. He must be a Cleveland fan, because Baez is not even deserving to be in the Top Ten.

harwar
01-21-2003, 08:15 AM
I think Randa will have a bad year,hes' miserable in KC.He wanted to go to the cubs but was blocked by his owner,and he only blocked the deal to the mets out of spite.Also,this is the year that people start talking about C.Lee as a force to be reconed with in the AL central.

gogosoxgogo
01-21-2003, 10:38 AM
I'd put Radke and Mays ahead of Sabathia, and Baez is definately not in the top 5... maybe in the future, but not now.

MarkEdward
01-21-2003, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC

- Pete

I wasn't really putting them #1-5, just the order that I could remember them.

kermittheefrog
01-21-2003, 04:33 PM
I'll take a crack at this.

C - AJ Pierzynski
1B - Mike Sweeney
2B - Brandon Phillips
3B - Corey Koskie
SS - Jose Valentin
LF - Jacque Jones (Lee is close but Jones is better defensively)
CF - Carlos Beltran
RF - Magglio Ordonez
DH - Frank Thomas

Rotation
Mark Buehrle
Bartolo Colon
Brad Radke
CC Sabathia
Rick Reed or Danys Baez

I can't believe both of the other lists had Eric Milton. He has got to be the most overrated pitcher in baseball. He has never posted an ERA better than 4.32 and his performances relative to the league have gotten worse in each of the years since 1999.

It's also kind of sad that the AL central as a whole can't put together as good of a starting staff as the Yankees.