PDA

View Full Version : Callahan Sox Fan!

Lip Man 1
01-19-2003, 07:45 PM
Apparently we can add another name to the list of PHG's "famous" White Sox fans. From Jay Mariotti's Sunday column on Raider head coach Bill Callahan :

"If any coach defines and oozes Chicago these days, it is Callahan, son of a South Side vice cop, a 5-10 Irish battler who went to school in the gritty shadows of the old U.S. Steel plant and so adored the White Sox that he still can recite Dick Allen's numbers."

Sounds like my kind of coach!

Lip

RedPinStripes
01-19-2003, 07:50 PM
Go Raiders!!!!!!!!!!!

ScottyTheSoxFan
01-19-2003, 09:05 PM
lets hire him in chicago.

cheeses_h_rice
01-19-2003, 09:19 PM
It'd be great if the Sox came into this season with the same attitude as the Raiders.

And I could definitely see some parallels between Tim Brown and Frank Thomas -- both great producers who have yet to make it to the Promised Land in their respective sports.

:gulp:

SoxRulecubsdrool
01-19-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
It'd be great if the Sox came into this season with the same attitude as the Raiders.

And I could definitely see some parallels between Tim Brown and Frank Thomas -- both great producers who have yet to make it to the Promised Land in their respective sports.

I thought he seemed like a likable coach. If the Sox have the same intensity that the Raiders had in the 2nd half tonight, we will have a great season.

Lip Man 1
01-19-2003, 09:43 PM
If the Raiders win the Super Bowl, I'm sending a letter to Rob Gallas suggesting that Callahan be invited to throw out the first ball at the home opener.

It would generate a hell of a lot of PR and maybe the "karma" (with apologies to David Wells) would rub off.

Lip

SoxRulecubsdrool
01-19-2003, 10:00 PM
Good Guys Wear Black!

Tragg
01-20-2003, 09:08 AM
A Bay Area Coach with ties to a cop named Callahan??? Wonder if he has a brother named Harry.
"Do I feel lucky? Well do ya, punk"?

ScottyTheSoxFan
01-20-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
If the Raiders win the Super Bowl, I'm sending a letter to Rob Gallas suggesting that Callahan be invited to throw out the first ball at the home opener.

It would generate a hell of a lot of PR and maybe the "karma" (with apologies to David Wells) would rub off.

Lip

awesome idea. hey and he definitley wears the right colors.

A.T. Money
01-20-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
awesome idea. hey and he definitley wears the right colors.

That's one reason I like the Raiders. Same colors.