PDA

View Full Version : Bill Simonson

Huisj
01-19-2003, 04:20 PM
Remember this idiot sportstalk radio guy Bill Simonson? Isn't he the guy who got beat up after a sox game a few years ago? Well, now he's in Grand Rapids, and it's really nice to see that someone else hates him too. This is from the Grand Rapids Press.

A 'Huge' turnoff for sports radio fan (http://www.mlive.com/sports/grpress/index.ssf?/xml/story.ssf/html_standard.xsl?/base/sports-0/1042974939259150.xml)

PaleHoseGeorge
01-19-2003, 04:34 PM
Yes, Simonson was the one to get beaten up after drinking several hours into the morning past the conclusion of a Cubs/Sox game in June, 2000. He ranted about it on his show for weeks afterward.

I have no idea what the circumstances were that Simonson and his pal were the only ones attacked like this. However, no charges were ever brought against ANYBODY in this case which ought to speak volumes about the Chicago Police Department's opinion of the situation.

What I find amusing about this copy editor's opinion is that Simonson is originally from Grand Rapids! If even his hometown folks are turning against him, this does not bode well for his career in commercial radio.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

:gulp:

DrCrawdad
01-19-2003, 05:57 PM
Does anyone have the photo of Simonson's face that was printed on the back page of the Sun-Times?

I say Simonson shot his mouth off in a Bridgeport bar, it was taken outside and he just plain got his arse kicked.

Of course Simonson says that it was a gang of guys that brutalized him. Sure, tough guy...

duke of dorwood
01-19-2003, 07:02 PM
Thats a HUGE lie

irish rover
01-20-2003, 12:09 AM
Spike of Harry and Spike fame from ESPN, he is now on with Dahl, was talking about it about a month ago and basicly said he ran is mouth off at Jimbos and got his ass kicked, it wasn't a gang. Even North said he saw him run his mouth