PDA

View Full Version : More Nonsense from Sosa...

dougs78
01-19-2003, 11:17 AM
Not to beat a dead horse, but I found Sosa's lack of insight in these quotes from a Tribune (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-030118cubs,0,3340152.story?coll=cs%2Dhome%2Dheadli nes) article to be quite entertaining.

When asked if his late arrivals created a distraction for his team....

Sosa joked about the music and his fashionably late arrivals, telling fans with a laugh: "The last five years I've been late and hitting 65 home runs. I'm not going to change."

Sammy revealing his true intent in playing baseball...

"The only thing I can say is it doesn't matter what reputation people [give] me, I know how to make people happy . I'm not here to cause any trouble. I'm just here to satisfy people , to go play the game the way it is played and go home happy. If that is a bad attitude, send me a letter later."

I still don't think he has grasped that this is a team game in which your personal numbers are not the sole focus. I'm sure he never will. He truly is a showman, unconcerned with winning since as he says...."i'm here to satisfy people." Maybe someone should tell him that what really satisfies fans is a winning team!

HawkDJ
01-19-2003, 11:22 AM
Along the same lines as the first quote, he also said this:

Whenever I arrive late (to spring training) I've hit 60 home runs. Maybe if I arrive early I'll hit 20.

MetalliSox
01-19-2003, 04:22 PM
Who's this "Sosa" fella?

I worry about the Sox and theirplayers so if someone else on another team is causing problems, I could care less.

I mean has he led a team to a championship or anything?

doctor30th
01-19-2003, 04:26 PM
I hate to tell Sosa, but he should look at his states. he only hit 49 homeruns last year. In fact he only hit over 65 homeruns 1 year.

Granted that's alot, but he sure does sound stupid when he makes a comment like that.