PDA

View Full Version : Club level seats are now full SEASON TICKET ONLY

HawkDJ
01-18-2003, 12:31 PM
I just got a mailing from the White Sox about the 2003 ticket plan and I find out that club level is now for FULL season ticket owners only. Thats right, as of now, you can't buy club level seats individually or with a 27 split season ticket plan. You need an 81 game ticket plan. I think this is ridiculous and once they see that there is barely anyone in club level they will start selling them individually. For some reason they list a price for individual club level seats but it is $40. Much more than any other area. I loved club level the last 2 years and now I guess I will have to sit somewhere else. :angry: :angry:

Scotty347
01-18-2003, 01:53 PM
The club seats are listed at $40 but you will notice in the pricing that the season ticket price for club level is $29/seat per game.

hose
01-18-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
I just got a mailing from the White Sox about the 2003 ticket plan and I find out that club level is now for FULL season ticket owners only. Thats right, as of now, you can't buy club level seats individually or with a 27 split season ticket plan. You need an 81 game ticket plan. I think this is ridiculous and once they see that there is barely anyone in club level they will start selling them individually. For some reason they list a price for individual club level seats but it is $40. Much more than any other area. I loved club level the last 2 years and now I guess I will have to sit somewhere else. :angry: :angry:

I just got the mailing today.

Club Level is only available for full season ticket plan .

Infield Box which is the lower section from 143 to 121 is SOLD OUT

hose
01-18-2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2

Isn't the Club Level the part of Comiskey that is getting upgraded this off season?

TornLabrum
01-18-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by hose
Isn't the Club Level the part of Comiskey that is getting upgraded this off season?

The club level was upgraded last year.

doublem23
01-18-2003, 06:50 PM
Hey man, this is good news.... They filled up the lower tank.

Besides, the bleachers are the way to go. Ahhh... Drunks and stoners... Is there any better company? :D:

Daver
01-18-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

Besides, the bleachers are the way to go. Ahhh... Drunks and stoners... Is there any better company? :D:

You forgot rednecks and dogs....:redneck

irish rover
01-18-2003, 07:17 PM
They may do it the same as they do with the tickets behind home plate which are only available to full season tickets, however you can buy tickets there on game day. So I think they may do the same with club level

RedPinStripes
01-18-2003, 09:55 PM
Uncle Jerry could not have been behind this deal with the club level. No way!

TornLabrum
01-19-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

Only between first and third bases.

jortafan
01-19-2003, 09:40 AM
I just got the mailing today.

Club Level is only available for full season ticket plan .

Infield Box which is the lower section from 143 to 121 is SOLD OUT

Aren't those Infield boxes the seats the team tries to keep us regular riff-raff away from? I know on occasion I've managed to buy a day-of-game seat there. But I've always noticed security paying a little extra attention to me, as though they think I'm going to attack Frank Thomas' kids or something.

34rancher
01-19-2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by jortafan
Aren't those Infield boxes the seats the team tries to keep us regular riff-raff away from? I know on occasion I've managed to buy a day-of-game seat there. But I've always noticed security paying a little extra attention to me, as though they think I'm going to attack Frank Thomas' kids or something.

Apparently last year they didn't do a very good job. Just ask Gamboa.

hose
01-19-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by jortafan

I have also bought day-of -game seats in that section but I have never really noticed the extra attention. It could be that I'm usally by myself when I sit in that section .

Last year they were called VIP seats and they went for $31.

Every year I like to take a 1/2 day at work and go to a couple of mid week afternoon games. I seem to run into real knowledgeable fans in this section, they know their White Sox.
You can tell who the scouts are by they way they dress, Dockers and Polo shirts.LOL!!

I was sitting a couple of seats away from Bob Gallas last year during a afternoon game. He was making sure a group of guys were be taken care of and we talked about the Sox. He was very candid and didn't hold back on some of his opinions.

voodoochile
01-19-2003, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Only between first and third bases.

Those seats have been mostly sold out for a long time. That is where the core season ticket holders sit. I am sure it is fuller than in the past, but it isn't like that area has been mostly empty in years past.

Good news (it means they have lots of requests) and I'm not surprised about the Club Level. I am sure that many rich people and corporations are willing to spend money so as to ensure ASG tickets and not have to mingle with the "unwashed masses".

voodoochile
01-19-2003, 11:27 AM
I was sitting a couple of seats away from Bob Gallas last year during a afternoon game. He was making sure a group of guys were be taken care of and we talked about the Sox. He was very candid and didn't hold back on some of his opinions.

And they were? Man, you can't just leave us hanging like that. You've got an inside scoop - fill us in...

Please?

hose
01-19-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
And they were? Man, you can't just leave us hanging like that. You've got an inside scoop - fill us in...

Please?

He didn't think Clayton could hit early enough in the season and had doubts about the young pitching, he was right.

One other thing that as a fan I appreciated was the pride he had about the White Sox being a original A.L. club. It was just small talk and he wasn't trying to blow smoke up my *ss, so I felt it was heartfelt.

voodoochile
01-19-2003, 12:08 PM
He didn't think Clayton could hit early enough in the season and had doubts about the young pitching, he was right.

One other thing that as a fan I appreciated was the pride he had about the White Sox being a original A.L. club. It was just small talk and he wasn't trying to blow smoke up my *ss, so I felt it was heartfelt.

Now if KW can actually plan a PR campaign to increase season ticket holders, we've almost got a legitimate braintrust in place...