PDA

View Full Version : Will Manuel Screw Things Up?

ssang
01-17-2003, 03:14 PM
Am I the only one here who is afraid that Manuel will continue to mismanage? He doesn't make good decisions with pitching changes and his "tinkering" of the lineup is GOD AWFUL. Will he continue to mess with the offense? We could have 12 Bartolo Colon's out there and it wouldn't matter the way Manuel handles the offense. I hope he wises up in '03. Your thoughts?

RKMeibalane
01-17-2003, 03:36 PM
I'm convinced he will do something stupid. Near the end of last season, he said, "I still have a few things I haven't tried. You know I like to tinker. When I make these changes, people will be like, 'what's he doing now?'"

Manuel will never stop tinkering. It's his nature.

idseer
01-17-2003, 03:52 PM
you are definitely not alone in that feeling. i'm hoping there's enough talent on this team to hide his incompetence. kinda like in '00.

voodoochile
01-17-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
I'm convinced he will do something stupid. Near the end of last season, he said, "I still have a few things I haven't tried. You know I like to tinker. When I make these changes, people will be like, 'what's he doing now?'"

Manuel will never stop tinkering. It's his nature.

Actually, I think if he tinkers his way to second place or lower again, he won't be tinkering on the SS in 2004.

This trade guaranteed KW that he won't be fired before the end of 2004 earliest, IMO. I am sure KW and JR think this team is good enough right now to compete for a pennant. If it doesn't do that, then Ghandi's head will roll...

idseer
01-17-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Actually, I think if he tinkers his way to second place or lower again, he won't be tinkering on the SS in 2004.

This trade guaranteed KW that he won't be fired before the end of 2004 earliest, IMO. I am sure KW and JR think this team is good enough right now to compete for a pennant. If it doesn't do that, then Ghandi's head will roll...

and so may our very best chance of winning the big one imo. cause colon will not be here for another shot.

voodoochile
01-17-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by idseer
and so may our very best chance of winning the big one imo. cause colon will not be here for another shot.

Okay, now I'm depressed again...

No worries, Bazooka Joe Borchard is on his way and come mid-May he is going to join the White Sox and go on a roll like the Big Hurt did after his call up. Meanwhile Frank himself is hotter than anyone ever dreamed and Joe Crede is putting up young Konehead style numbers. Carlos Lee is proving the second half of 2002 was no fluke and Jimenez OBP in the leadoff slot is pushing .400. Finally, Garland and Wright are both 4 games over .500 with ERA's in the low 4's - high 3's, Koch has 13 saves and Maggs, Paulie, Jose, Buehrle and Bartolo are all living up to expectations. The Sox are already leading the division by 5 games and are just starting to hit their stride...

:D:

idseer
01-17-2003, 04:33 PM
you forgot about the flying pigs! :smile:

RedPinStripes
01-17-2003, 05:47 PM
Since kw pulled this trade off, i cant really tear into him at soxfest. I still will have a written speech though. But it will be for JM.