PDA

View Full Version : KW At Town Hall Meeting

Lip Man 1
01-17-2003, 11:53 AM
This e-mail was sent to me by a friend who was an invited guest at yesterday's Town Hall Meeting sponsored by WMVP Radio.

Just FYI

It includes his thoughts and what he was told.

"I met Kenny Williams yesterday in the River North area where he
appeared to answer questions with Jerry Krause and Mike Smith in a WMVP sponsored "Town Hall Meeting."

Kenny Williams told us privately that he is serious about winning NOW! Publicly he stated that he has heard loud and long that Sox fans want a winner NOW!!!
He is a self admitted shy person in public forums. He is a nice guy.

Rob Gallas was also there looking uncomfortable in a public forum. He should have been the car valet. He is a P.R. guy who never utters a peep to potential and current customers"

Lip

Lip Man 1
01-17-2003, 11:48 PM
My friend sent me another e-mail addressing the I-Rod speculation.

He said Williams was asked directly by a fan at that same WMVP Town Hall meeting about Rodriguez and Williams said point blankly that the Sox do not have the money for him and he doesn't fit into their plans at all.

That's what he said so don't shoot the messenger.

Lip

gogosoxgogo
01-18-2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
My friend sent me another e-mail addressing the I-Rod speculation.

He said Williams was asked directly by a fan at that same WMVP Town Hall meeting about Rodriguez and Williams said point blankly that the Sox do not have the money for him and he doesn't fit into their plans at all.

That's what he said so don't shoot the messenger.

Lip

GOOD. I don't want IRod. He would screw up our pitchers and cost too much where we wouldn't be able to resign any of our 50 free agents we have going into the 2004 season.

Lip Man 1
01-18-2003, 12:45 PM
GoGo says:

we wouldn't be able to resign any of our 50 free agents we have going into the 2004 season.

Just wondering...so what guarantee is there that the Sox are going to resign anybody anyway with or without I-Rod? I mean this is the Sox were talking about...

Lip

Paulwny
01-18-2003, 01:02 PM

Rob Gallas was also there looking uncomfortable in a public forum. He should have been the car valet. He is a P.R. guy who never utters a peep to potential and current customers"
Lip

A quiet pr guy, strange, how did he get the job?

voodoochile
01-18-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
A quiet pr guy, strange, how did he get the job?

:reinsy
"First he mentioned Elvis. Then he said "Dog Day". When he said "sleepover at the park", I was sold...

Lip Man 1
01-18-2003, 05:47 PM
Gallas is pretty amazing because he was an award winning sports writer for the Daily herald in the late 70's, early 80's.

In fact he is the guy the Piersall was choking and had to be pulled off him by three guys after he wrote a story questioning some things that happened to Jimmy (i.e. being fired by the Sox as an outfield coach)

Somehow Gallas went from that to a PR director at the MLB level, WITHOUT any previous experience! (and it shows doesn't it?)

Can you say Uncle Jerry ass kisser?

Lip

gogosoxgogo
01-18-2003, 10:04 PM
Just wondering...so what guarantee is there that the Sox are going to resign anybody anyway with or without I-Rod? I mean this is the Sox were talking about...

True... but at least Jerry and Kenny wouldn't be able to use it as an excuse.

34 Inch Stick
01-20-2003, 07:50 AM
That's not so strange, especially when knowing they are grooming Marriotti for the next GM position.