PDA

View Full Version : buehrle and cardinals again?

ScottyTheSoxFan
01-17-2003, 12:02 PM
sorry if its been posted but this cant be good.

The event gets under way at 6:30 p.m. CT on Jan. 21, also at the Millennium Hotel. Others who are set to be honored include Rolen, Jason Simontacchi, Andy Benes, Stan Musial, Don Gutteridge, Mark Buehrle , Kirk Rueter and Jerry Clinton. There will be special tributes to Darryl Kile, Jack Buck, Enos Slaughter, Darrell Porter and Jim Toomey, plus a highlight film of the 2002 season.

winter warm up (http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/stl/news/stl_news.jsp?ymd=20030109&content_id=190642&vkey=news_stl&fext=.jsp)

CHISOXFAN13
01-17-2003, 12:06 PM
Kirk Rueter has nothing to do with the Cardinals either, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Unregistered
01-17-2003, 12:08 PM
OK, this is starting to get a little ridiculous...

Foulke You
01-17-2003, 12:50 PM
***??? Isn't this tampering or something?

hose
01-17-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
sorry if its been posted but this cant be good.

winter warm up (http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/stl/news/stl_news.jsp?ymd=20030109&content_id=190642&vkey=news_stl&fext=.jsp)

I wouldn't get to worried about it. Burly Mon is a White Sox till 2006. I think the Sox will work something out to keep him if he stays valuable.

Buehrle grew up a die hard Cardinal fan, he is from the St.Loius area and has many ties to the community.

Donn Pall was the same exact thing for the White Sox and he ended up moving on. The business side of the game always comes into play..... players come and go.

SoxRulecubsdrool
01-17-2003, 03:04 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by hose
[B]
Buehrle grew up a die hard Cardinal fan, he is from the St.Loius area and has many ties to the community.

I sell a lot of sports stuff on eBay. More than once I struck up a conversation with a Cards fan, basically encouragement to beat the crap out of the cubs. They usually always bring up Buehrle. One lady a few days ago said he was a kid that grew up in her neighborhood.
From what I hear from the locals is that they are very proud of him. He must have had a great high school career.

bc2k
01-17-2003, 04:05 PM
"Tickets are available for $100 each or tables of 10 for $1,000." Wow, thanks for the deal.

Would anyone make a one-for-one trade of Buehrle for Pujols?

gogosoxgogo
01-17-2003, 08:49 PM
Geeze Burly. Stop this nonsense. I don't like this one bit at all. The more I see of him doing this, the more I say we hold onto him for 2 or 3 more years, depending on how we're contending and trade him for some really top players when he's a multiple 20 game winner.

irish rover
01-17-2003, 10:18 PM
I wouldn't worry about it now. He is being honored at a sports writers dinner. It would be like if the bears had a chi sports writers dinner to honor athletes from chicago at their concention and donovan mcnabb was invited to be honored