PDA

View Full Version : Begin the Countdown: Soxfext Only a Fortnight Away

Viva Magglio
01-17-2003, 09:54 AM
For me, this is the highlight of the winter. Like many of you, I have spent the weekend at the Hyatt Regency Chicago for many a Soxfest. With the hotel rate that weekend, it's the only time during the year I can afford to stay at the Hyatt!!! This should be a happy gathering two weeks from now with Bartólo Colón in the fold.

In one sense, my favorite activity during that weekend in being in the atrium bar over the hotel entrance. Right there, several players and front office personnel mingle with fans and hotel patrons. Of course, the price for a bottle of beer there is $5+. Many of you know what I am talking about. Sometimes, players will go into the sports bar on the ground floor. When Ray Durham was with us, he would often be found in the billiard section of the sports bar playing pool with fans. Now, I guess he's going to be doing that at GiantFest.

If any of you are spending the weekend there, one thing I recommend that you do is take a walk up and down nearby Michigan Avenue at night. It is quite a nice sight with all those lights. One year, they had a series of ice sculptures including one of Walter Payton.

Hangar18
01-17-2003, 10:02 AM
SoxFest...Im there Friday Saturday nite...I really enjoy
going there. I think Its ashamed theres No Way
to tell who logs onto to WSI from everyone else there.......
would love to meet the people behind the nicknames....
and show my Nephew the SoxNation is Alive and Well

Viva Magglio
01-17-2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18

I see that the Hyatt supposedly now has FREE DSL Internet access in each room. If that's the case, we have Soxfext-based WSI correspondents.

Dadawg_77
01-17-2003, 11:24 AM
Is anyone going to that Soxfest special event for season ticket holder renewnal event?

Viva Magglio
01-17-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Is anyone going to that Soxfest special event for season ticket holder renewnal event?

What's that?

whitesoxwilkes
01-17-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77

I am.

Iwritecode
01-17-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18

Actually there is. Just go find the WSI booth (I'm assuming that there will be one this year as I've yet to read any confimation) and buy a WSI T-shirt! (http://whitesoxinteractive.com/Shop/tshirts.htm)

Hangar18
01-17-2003, 12:44 PM
Im going to that Special Promotion too. Its Friday.
basically, you can have dinner with members of the sox
organization/some players, and you can
get private autographs supposedly.