PDA

View Full Version : HOF Players-"Let Bud decide"

Paulwny
01-16-2003, 06:47 PM
"I'm just leaving it entirely up to Bud," said Joe Morgan, the vice chairman of the Hall and Rose's former teammate. "A commissioner suspended him, a commissioner should be the one to reinstate him. Let's give Bud credit for reviewing it. He's going to make the right decision for baseball. It's not easy for Bud to do, but he's the commissioner and he has to make the decision."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseball/wire/sns-ap-bbo-hall-rose0116jan16,0,5438520.story?coll=sns%2Dap%2Dbase ball%2Dheadlines

Viva Magglio
01-16-2003, 08:14 PM
Bud deciding whom to put in the HOF??? I can only imagine...

:tool
I think it's time we induct Cecil Cooper.

Tragg
01-16-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Bud deciding whom to put in the HOF??? I can only imagine...

I think it's time we induct Cecil Cooper. :tool

And then Gorman Thomas and Randy Lerch.

Daver
01-16-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Tragg

And then Gorman Thomas and Randy Lerch.

And Billy Pierce would still be on the outside looking in.

The HOF and the way it is voted for is a joke.

oldcomiskey
01-17-2003, 03:02 PM
Ill go you one better than that---Gary Carter is in and Pete Rose is not. MY GOD people if Carter is in that means you have to let Canseco and Garvey in----great players all but not HOF... Harold Baines too--And the Red Sox can just induct their entire OF in the 70s--I mean Yaz is in, but does that mean Evans and Rice and Lynn are deserving--maybe as a trio, but certainly not individually. I have problems with Ozzie Smith going in as well....And not to piss anybody off--but if Carlton Fisk dont break that record for HRs by a catcher and games caught, and Nellie Fox----Apericio and Ozzie Smith too...all GREAT players--but HOF?