PDA

View Full Version : Got Baseball Fever?

Shoeless Joe
01-16-2003, 04:19 PM
Although brutal Chicago winters do tend to hamper a baseball fan's mood, the Bartolo Colon trade has definitely made some people start looking ahead to those warm sunny afternoons at the ballpark. I know I always look forward to eating a polish sausage and smelling those grilled onions at Comiskey. But there's no greater feeling than seeing a Sox. That being said, what do you look forward to when going to Comiskey?

cheeses_h_rice
01-16-2003, 04:30 PM
I usually look forward to just a win, and the chance to grab that elusive foul ball I've never been able to get in my lifetime.

Food-wise, though, I like the "beers of the world" stand and those super tacos they sell, along with the Best's Kosher dogs.

SoxRulecubsdrool
01-16-2003, 04:31 PM
The last couple of years, I really got back into going opening day. The traffic is a mess though.
Nothing like cold beer on a cold April day, maybe some rain in the air. Freezing.
Now that's fun.
:gulp:

Cheryl
01-16-2003, 04:53 PM
It's that first sight of the field as you walk in. That's just about the same second as the smell of grilled onions hits me.

Okay, I'm starting to get excited about baseball.

whitesoxwilkes
01-16-2003, 05:44 PM
I usually show up right when the gates open to watch BP. For some reason, there is something REALLY freakin cool about the crack of a bat in an empty stadium.

I also keep score at every game. It's always fun to have someone lean over and ask me what they missed in the bathroom, what the batter did his last time up, etc.

kevingrt
01-16-2003, 06:22 PM
Man can't wait till Spring for the voices of Looney and Farmio to come back, YIPPY!!!

34 Inch Stick
01-17-2003, 09:10 AM
What do they use to check your tempeture when you have baseball fever?

Bobby Thigpen
01-17-2003, 09:27 AM
I always look forward to just being there instead of being at work. For about the last three years I've tried to go to an afternoon weekday game. I usually call in sick that day and then drive up to the park. Three years ago I sat through an hour rain delay to watch the Sox and Mariners. That was the day ARod hit those three or four straight foul homeruns. Two years ago it was Sox/Indians. There's just something great about going to the ballpark and eating hot dogs with the superb grilled onions and drinking beer when you should be at work. Is it April yet??

voodoochile
01-17-2003, 10:10 AM
I agree with Cheryl. I love the smell of the ballpark. The beer, the peanuts, the grilled meats. I love the immaculately tailored lawn. The sight of guys in white shirts with black pinstripes. The crowd.

Em's Pitas: grilled strips of beef with peppars and onions stuffed into half a pita bread until it oozes and drips. Right field corner before the foul pole - best food in the park...

kingpin_rcs
01-17-2003, 11:22 AM
I have to agree with what everybody else has said so far. I addition I would like to add that I have always enjoyed the Churos. Tasty!

moochpuppy
01-17-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Shoeless Joe
That being said, what do you look forward to when going to Comiskey?

Boobs!! :gulp:

duke of dorwood
01-17-2003, 12:00 PM
Its amazing I never ran into Cheeses at those booths. The SuperTaco and a Labatt. No doubt about it.