PDA

View Full Version : As much as...

OfficerKarkovice
01-16-2003, 10:40 AM
I hate to say it...a very good column by Jay Mariotti today.

Sun-Times (http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay16.html)

moochpuppy
01-16-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice
I hate to say it...a very good column by Jay Mariotti today.

Sun-Times (http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay16.html)

:moron

"Kenny Williams is not the only one in this city that can suprise people."

Unregistered
01-16-2003, 10:51 AM
Toot your horn, Kenny GM. You are the rare Chicago sports executive who aches to win, even if the Acme explosives have blown up in your face like Wile E. Coyote.

"When things don't work out, you turn the page and try again,'' Williams said. "You either go for it or crawl into a hole. I will not sit around and stand pat. When there is an opportunity to acquire an impact player, this organization is going to step up. We are in a constant mode of trying to get better. Hopefully, this shows the commitment of the Chicago White Sox to winning.''
Man, I hope thats true. This is a nice indication of that statement, but I'd still like to see it a little more consistantly...

duke of dorwood
01-16-2003, 11:21 AM
He still mentions a "conflict of interest". Will this be mentioned when someone gets Vasquez? I doubt it.

:moron

You Nitpicker

Lip Man 1
01-16-2003, 01:29 PM
Mariotti writes a number of good columns because he's always attacking the inept management of the Sox and the other teams in this city.

We need more of that...not less.

Lip

WhiteSox = Life
01-16-2003, 06:39 PM
In Jerry-speak, that means the Sox have done their dwindling fan base a favor. Instead of waiting for the turnstiles to click before spending money, Reinsdorf has made his investment in hopes of luring the fans back to the ballmall. At last, as he approaches 70, the chairman is snapping out of his snooze. "His support is there,'' Williams said. "Jerry wants to win.''

The amazing thing is, I'm starting to believe it.

Hmm... I don't know if I believe this yet, but if the White Sox make another solid, not necessarily huge move this offseason, or during mid-season, trade or pick-up an integral part of the puzzle, I will gladly eat my words, with or without the grain of salt of which I'm taking this statement.

chunk
01-16-2003, 08:15 PM
Holy crap, I never thought I would find more than the two TMBG fans that I already know without looking at a fan site for them. :D:

WhiteSox = Life
01-16-2003, 08:31 PM
White Sox Interactive - Serving Daily Your White Sox and They Might Be Giants Fix.

:)

fuzzy_patters
01-17-2003, 12:03 AM
White Sox Interactive - Serving Daily Your White Sox and They Might Be Giants Fix. You guys are just saying that because of what youth culture did to your dog.

oldcomiskey
01-17-2003, 03:08 PM
who wants them to be giants--I prefer Angels myself

WhiteSox = Life
01-17-2003, 05:52 PM
No, I'm saying it because I couldn't get a Purple Toupee so I wasn't feeling very S-E-X-X-Y.

They Might Be Angels - Just doesn't sound right.

Ana Ng and the Rabid Child both agree They Might Be Giants is truly The World's Address.

And, if you couldn't tell, before I'm Finished With Lies, don't be surprised if I jump into my Mink Car or fly away in my Spy Plane, and, when it hits Four of Two, visit The End of The Tour.

TMBG Fans know what I'm talking about.

:D: