PDA

View Full Version : Rios is a nice pickup...

Tragg
01-15-2003, 10:11 PM
He didn't have a good year last year, but he's not a bad hitter. And he's a lefty. Don't know about the D or arm. Also cheap - 1/2 the price of alomar.

jeremyb1
01-16-2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Tragg
He didn't have a good year last year, but he's not a bad hitter. And he's a lefty. Don't know about the D or arm. Also cheap - 1/2 the price of alomar.

i think its a great pickup. a huge upgrade over leifer if you ask me. what we need is a lefthanded pinch hitter. liefer was left handed but he couldn't hit and he certainly didn't hit well when called upon in pinch hit situations. rios has experience as a pinch hitter and part time player and has succeeded in that role so i see him as a substantial upgrade.

WinningUgly!
01-16-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
i think its a great pickup. a huge upgrade over leifer if you ask me. what we need is a lefthanded pinch hitter. liefer was left handed but he couldn't hit and he certainly didn't hit well when called upon in pinch hit situations. rios has experience as a pinch hitter and part time player and has succeeded in that role so i see him as a substantial upgrade.

I like the pickup. Liefer was understandably never happy as a part-time player, but there was just no place for him on this team. Rios knows his role coming in. I agree this is a nice upgrade over Liefer.

RichH55
01-16-2003, 01:31 AM
Just a good day overall.....Hey Lip if you read this...please email me.....Ive been away for awhile