PDA

View Full Version : What would we have to give up to get more?

Viva Magglio
01-15-2003, 09:17 PM
What would Javier Vazquéz cost us? To get Carlos Beltrán, what would we have to give Kansas City in return?

Jjav829
01-15-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by ¡Viva Mágglio!
What would Javier Vazquéz cost us? To get Carlos Beltrán, what would we have to give Kansas City in return?

Let's not get greedy now. Though the idea of Vazquez on this staff as well........................................... whoa, sorry drifted off there for a second.

Seriously though, after getting Colon today as well as Rios and Gordon, we may not see another move this offseason.

gogosoxgogo
01-15-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Seriously though, after getting Colon today as well as Rios and Gordon, we may not see another move this offseason.

I definately agree with that. We won't be seeing any more moves this offseason. Doesn't hurt to dream on though about the possibilites.

DirtySouthsider
01-15-2003, 09:58 PM
Why not still go after Vasquez? You could give up CLee and Rauch and get him. There would be no prblems with money because Vas. doesn't have a big contract.
We haven't won a world series since 1917. It's about time we forget about prospects for the future and just win a damn title! I just don't want to get into the playoffs and with Vas. as a #3 we could really scare alot of teams out there!
And if you don't want to give up prospects......Ivan Rodirguez is out there for the taking. All you have to do is buck up and he's yours. Adding him to the line up would scare the crap out of a lot of teams too!

gogosoxgogo
01-15-2003, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by DirtySouthsider
Why not still go after Vasquez? You could give up CLee and Rauch and get him. There would be no prblems with money because Vas. doesn't have a big contract.
We haven't won a world series since 1917. It's about time we forget about prospects for the future and just win a damn title! I just don't want to get into the playoffs and with Vas. as a #3 we could really scare alot of teams out there!
And if you don't want to give up prospects......Ivan Rodirguez is out there for the taking. All you have to do is buck up and he's yours. Adding him to the line up would scare the crap out of a lot of teams too!

Isn't he demanding like 10million a year though? I don't care how much money the Sox have, that's just too much for some guy who is injury prone.