PDA

View Full Version : Interesting comment by KW

HawkDJ
01-15-2003, 07:30 PM
"One thing I've learned about Sox fans is that all they want to see is the prize at the end of the rainbow. They don't want to hear about payroll issues. And that's what we're trying to do."

RKMeibalane
01-15-2003, 07:36 PM
Is it possible that Ken Williams has indeed begun to understand? He does seem to be improving in the public-relations aspect of his job. I'm hoping his improved attitude and outlook carries over into the season. It's time for the White Sox to stop fooling around and focus on winning.

gogosoxgogo
01-15-2003, 07:41 PM
Wow, this day just keeps getting better! I'm really beginning to like KW and if this quote is any indication, I think I'm going to continue doing so!

Don't be afraid to stop here Kenny, go for the gold! Let's trade for Beltran now. Come on Kenny... stronger GMs have been ripping you off for years, it's about time you got yourself hold of a weaker GM. God, would that be great. A switch hitting, power center fielder. Mmmmmmm.

Lip Man 1
01-15-2003, 07:58 PM
Personally I think Williams comment is a backhanded slap at Sox fans.

He keeps throwing that comment out at practically every interview session. What I get from hearing it over and over is that Williams says he "doesn't want to get into payroll issues" but just the fact that he keeps saying THAT reinforces the organizations belief that they don't have a lot of money.

Sure Sox fans don't want to hear about "payroll" issues because they don't believe the front office when they say they don't have the money!

Same as Williams other "payroll" comment...remember "I can't ask the owner to spend a dollar if he only has fifty cents..."

If you don't want to get into it DON'T BRING IT UP! Do not keep using the word "payroll" or "payroll issues" at every opportunity.

Lip

PaleHoseGeorge
01-15-2003, 08:01 PM
Sounds like Kenny read Dan Helpingstine's Sox rally cry:

"2003 Sox: no more excuses. Just do it already!"

Now where do you suppose Kenny would find that?

:cool: