PDA

View Full Version : Bullpen Situation

guillen4life13
01-15-2003, 05:31 PM
Now that Antonio Osuna is gone, and provided the Sox don't sign Tom Gordon, what would the likely bullpen situation be like?

My prediction:

Koch
Marte
Wunsch
Almonte?
Glover
Stewart?
Munoz?

Adding Gordon and possibly another guy would be good. On ESPN's free agents section, it says that Mark Guthrie is available. I wouldn't mind him in the 'pen. Gordon and Guthrie as additions would be primo.

hold2dibber
01-15-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13
Now that Antonio Osuna is gone, and provided the Sox don't sign Tom Gordon, what would the likely bullpen situation be like?

My prediction:

Koch
Marte
Wunsch
Almonte?
Glover
Stewart?
Munoz?

Adding Gordon and possibly another guy would be good. On ESPN's free agents section, it says that Mark Guthrie is available. I wouldn't mind him in the 'pen. Gordon and Guthrie as additions would be primo.

I think Ginter has a better shot than Stewart, who I would expect to start the year at AAA. If they sign Gordon (and I hope they do) that leaves one spot for either Munoz or Almonte; I expect it will come down to how they fare in spring training.

Daver
01-15-2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by guillen4life13

Gordon is basically as good as signed,pending a physical.

guillen4life13
01-15-2003, 05:44 PM
Awesome about Gordon, but do you think that the Sox would have a legit chance at Guthrie?