PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Cub Fans

gogosoxgogo
01-15-2003, 05:16 PM
You know, I really hate Cub fans. Today at school, I and a few other Sox fans were attacked by Cub fans who are saying that the Bartolo Colon trade was a bad deal! I couldn't believe this! How ****ing thick can you get? They said we gave up too much talent and now we have a much bigger payroll than last year. I really hate Cub fans. They can't even admit to a good trade. When they got rid of Hundley, I congradulated them for actually getting something in return. I just couldn't believe them and walked away laughing and smiling knowing that the Sox are your 2003 AL Central Champions. :)

guillen4life13
01-15-2003, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
I just couldn't believe them and walked away laughing and smiling knowing that the Sox are your 2003 AL Central Champions. :)

Yes, I agree that this cubs fan freak has no idea what he's talking about, but I also think that even with Colon, you can't expect the Sox to win the division so early. These are the White Sox... they have a knack for not meeting expectations.

RedPinStripes
01-15-2003, 06:07 PM
How many threads have we had here entitled "Stupid Cub Fans"? :cool:

gosox41
01-15-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by gogosoxgogo
You know, I really hate Cub fans. Today at school, I and a few other Sox fans were attacked by Cub fans who are saying that the Bartolo Colon trade was a bad deal! I couldn't believe this! How ****ing thick can you get? They said we gave up too much talent and now we have a much bigger payroll than last year. I really hate Cub fans. They can't even admit to a good trade. When they got rid of Hundley, I congradulated them for actually getting something in return. I just couldn't believe them and walked away laughing and smiling knowing that the Sox are your 2003 AL Central Champions. :)

Here's some ammo to fire back.
1. The Sox don't have a bigger payroll then last year, not that it should matter to them.

2. How many big name free agents did Dusty Baker bring in this offseason?

3. Is Lenny Harris and Rod Beck worth one Bartolo Colon.

4. Remember, they're stilll Cub fans. That already discounts their credibility.

Bob

gogosoxgogo
01-15-2003, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
Here's some ammo to fire back.
1. The Sox don't have a bigger payroll then last year, not that it should matter to them.

2. How many big name free agents did Dusty Baker bring in this offseason?

3. Is Lenny Harris and Rod Beck worth one Bartolo Colon.

4. Remember, they're stilll Cub fans. That already discounts their credibility.

Bob

Oh, don't worry, I've got plenty of stuff to toss back at them. Gym had to be the greatest subject today because my gym teacher's a sox fans who HATES the cubs. All we did was rip on them the entire period. It was great.

RKMeibalane
01-15-2003, 06:39 PM
I don't even bother to respond to Cubs fans anymore. I'm through fighting with them. Everytime one of them says something baseball-related, a message travels from my ears to my brain- A CUBS FAN IS SPEAKING- so I just turn and walk away.

hose
01-15-2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
How many threads have we had here entitled "Stupid Cub Fans"? :cool:

not enough :)

34 Inch Stick
01-16-2003, 09:18 AM
I've got one bit of advice: STAY AWAY FROM THE GYM TEACHER! :o:

kevingrt
01-16-2003, 06:16 PM
Man at my school, the Flubs fans actually admitted that was a pretty good trade for the Sox, but flaunted themselves for signing the unpredictable Kerry Wood. All I said is remember back in July, how much did we come back by? I forgot?

gosox3072
01-16-2003, 06:38 PM
Cub fans at my school are pritty calm during the offseason, they all said that we got a steal, but dont worry come march they will be the same old dumbasses that we all know sCrUB fans to be.

GOSOX

soxgal40
01-17-2003, 09:00 AM
in my spanish class, i am known as "the only white sox fan in here". i don't really care because i am proud to be a fan. i'll admit that we are not the yankees, but if u think about it, we are the yankees of chicago. right? i mean, how good are the cubs? not the best team in the world. just because i might be the only white sox fan in my class, i am still pretty good at the comebacks and they usually stop. i find it fun making fun of the stupid cubs.

Iwritecode
01-17-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by soxgal40
i'll admit that we are not the yankees, but if u think about it, we are the yankees of chicago. right? i mean, how good are the cubs? not the best team in the world.

The Cubs are bad right now but if you look at it historically (and it pains me to say this) the Cubs have more post-season apperances and a better overall franchise W-L record...

soxruleEP
01-17-2003, 02:54 PM
At the risk of repeating things that have been said here a million times--the average SCrub fan is happier that they don't win--that way they can continue to be the lovable losers and they won't be distracted from the party.

Since all they can really point to is their "great ball park" [where you can only see half the game from 75% of the seats] and their high attendance [boosted by the tourist factor and the Chicago media propaghanda about New Comiskey] there is no way to talk baseball with them.

My best friend is SCrub fan. We attend the Sox/SCrub series together every year. He is a real baseball guy (a former college player and high school coach) and he is the first to knock the SCrubs.

My favorite moment of the series last year was when Fasaro came from the bullpen with the Sox behind. My buddy said "You're gonna like this." When he walked the first guy he turned to me and said "And it's not over yet."

They're not all idiots, just nearly all.

SoxRulecubsdrool
01-17-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
The Cubs are bad right now but if you look at it historically (and it pains me to say this) the Cubs have more post-season apperances and a better overall franchise W-L record...

I wonder what the Sox and the Cubs records are since the typical cub know-nothing yuppie zombie has been parading around saying they are the best organization ever. Let's say the last 15 years. It would be interesting. My one brother in law who is your typical cub nerd says they are the only real team in town. I always ask him to explain but he cannot stop his drooling enough to answer.
Yes, they are stupid.

voodoochile
01-17-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

Drum Roll please...

Okay, comparing records from 1901 - Present:

Flubbies: 7958-7825 50.431%

Sox: 7942-7800 50.451%

We just passed them last year in win %.

In addition...

The Flubbies were a combined 351 games over .500 after the 1910 season and by 1915 they had finished with a winning record 12 times. As of today they are 133 games over .500 and have only had 34 winning seasons since the beginning of 1915. Not once in the past 30 years have they had b2b winning seasons.

If you look at the records from 1945 to present, the results are dramatically skewed in the Sox favor.

SoxRulecubsdrool
01-17-2003, 04:59 PM
I had heard that they had a better winning percentage but I knew that had to flip flop soon. I would imagine the Sox dominated the 90's up until present day.

Good work with the info.

vegyrex
01-17-2003, 06:39 PM
Hehehe, the cubs have certainly lived up to their looser image.
Since 1940 they have only 15 winning seasons. Have not had back to back winning seasons since '71 - '72.
Have finished in last place back to back twice, '80 - '81, and '00 - '01. Add their '87 last place finish and that gives them a total of 5 last place finishes since 1980.

The Sox OTOH, in that same time period, have 34 winning seasons. Had 17 winning season in a row from '51 to '67. Then had three in a row from '81 to '83, and then had five in a row from '90 to '94. More recently they had two in a row from '00 to '01.
Since 1980 the Sox have finished in last only once; 1989.

So yes it's true. The Cubs really do suck. :D:

PaleHoseGeorge
01-17-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by vegyrex
So yes it's true. The Cubs really do suck. :D:

Hey baby, you're preaching to the choir!

:)

gogosoxgogo
01-17-2003, 07:26 PM
Boy, it's too bad that the Sox hadn't flipped that winning percentage over the Cubs a year earlier from today. It would have been great ammo in my open ended persuasive essay I had to write last year in English... but I still got an A proving the Sox are better than the Cubs... God bless the fact my English teacher was a Cards fan.