PDA

View Full Version : How did you react to the Colon trade?

kermittheefrog
01-15-2003, 03:41 PM
So how did you react to the Colon trade?

kermittheefrog
01-15-2003, 03:42 PM
I totally reacted with the jaw dropping.

delben91
01-15-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
I totally reacted with the jaw dropping.

My mouth hung open so long I started to drool on my desk.

kermittheefrog
01-15-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by delben91
My mouth hung open so long I started to drool on my desk.

I'm still drooling right now.

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-15-2003, 03:49 PM
i would be drooling, but my mouth was so dry becuase i was so excited

Clarkdog
01-15-2003, 03:51 PM
My jaw dropped, not because we got Colon. But because of how little he cost.

Dadawg_77
01-15-2003, 03:53 PM
My was a mixed reaction, first my jaw dropped, then jump for joy and then brace myself for the strings attached not at known (KW made the trade so I was expecting the worse.)

gosox3072
01-15-2003, 03:55 PM
Dadawg sunds like the same thing happend to me

WAY TO GO KENNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

voodoochile
01-15-2003, 03:58 PM
Jumped up and down with my mouth hanging over. I'm still grinning from ear to ear...

Unbelievable. It still sounds like something someone dreamed up on the troll board...

TrollPoster: "Hey, the Expos need a 1B, a cheap SP and some middle relief - how about Leifer, Osuna and Biddle - I'll throw in a minor league pitcher, but not Malone or Honel."

WSI: "Yeah, right. Get a clue..."

:KW
"NYAH NYAH NYAH NYAH!!!"

ma-gaga
01-15-2003, 04:08 PM
Why can't "I was pissed off" be an option?

:)

Nice farking pickup. Colon for bullpen, crappy backup infielders and a minor league pitcher... Plus the Yankees are paying for some of it. Nice trade.

sox_fan_forever
01-15-2003, 04:16 PM
I was jumping and clapping my hands, and trying not bother anyone here in the house. :smile:

Jjav829
01-15-2003, 04:36 PM
I was excited when I first heard the trade was official. Then I sat nervously waiting to hear who we gave up expecting the worst. When I heard that all we gave up was Biddle, Liefer, Osuna and a prospect I was overjoyed. I figured if the prospect was a big enough name they would have said who it was so I was still happy. I didn't find out it was Lantigua until later when I heard it on ESPN while in my car.

GREAT MOVE KW!

mike squires
01-15-2003, 04:44 PM
Since the thread left you hanging I wasn't sure it was us who got him but someone else. I turned on ESPN news but they hadn't shown it yet. They were still saying it was Boston in the mix. The Sox were the thrid team they mentioned so that still made me nervous. I was definatly excited.

SouthSideHitman
01-15-2003, 05:54 PM
I checked my pulse. Coming into this offseason, I expected something like this, KW has never been afraid to roll the dice even if it isn't always a good thing but I had lost hope until this Monday. When I started hearing that the Sox had been inches away from Ortiz and Daal, I realized that he had been trying and when I heard that only the Sox and the Yankees were left, I immediatly thought three team deal, they needed to unload starters. But when I heard we only lost Osuna, Biddle and Leifer and even gained a good minor league infeilder, I had to pinch myself. I know this won't get the Sox a banner headline in the Cubune, but at least they'll be above the fold. :D:

ScottyTheSoxFan
01-15-2003, 06:01 PM
it was like one of those "just tasted new sam adams light" moments.

RedPinStripes
01-15-2003, 06:03 PM
I was blowing the air horn in traffic on the dan ryan . A few other truckers blew their horn back at me and i still wonder if it was for the same reason. :smile:

I was doing as much jumping as i could sitting down, but yelling at the top of my lungs. Way to go kw! Didnt really give up anyone important. :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

WillieHarris12
01-15-2003, 06:12 PM
I slapped myself and shoved an ice cube up my ass to see if I was awake! WE ARE NUMBER 1 HEY! WE ARE NUMBER 1 HEY!!

Who cares about Williams? LETS ALL REJOICE!

PaleHoseGeorge
01-15-2003, 06:52 PM
I'm surprised we got Colon. However I'm SHOCKED (in a pleasant way) at the small price we paid to get him. Even when KW traded for Wells he gave up Sirotka. This trade makes us a much stronger ballclub. In fact, this trade is closer to a free agent signing in its effect on the strength of the Sox roster.

Yes, we can thank the Yankees for giving us negotiating leverage with Montreal, but so what! There were 26 other ballclubs the Yankees could have delivered Colon to, but only the Sox got him!

Great job, Kenny, taking advantage of the situation!

PANFIRECRACKER
01-15-2003, 06:55 PM
I soiled myself and did an Andy The Clown cheer

Bucktown
01-15-2003, 08:38 PM
I creamed my jeans. Today is the greatest day of my life.

SoxRulecubsdrool
01-15-2003, 09:21 PM
I had actually given up on this happening a few weeks back. After checking most of the Internet rumor mills for news the last couple of weeks, I gave up hope. Earlier today my nephew starting "direct connecting" me with the possible deal he heard on WSCR. I immediately jumped to WSI and heard the rumblings. Then it was confirmed. WOW!
Now I am tipping a cold one and plan to tip a few more.
I may be optimistic, but April(actually March 31st) may not seem so cold.
This has to fire up the team.
Cheers! :gulp: take a breath and then :gulp:

gogosoxgogo
01-15-2003, 09:32 PM
A Cubs fan told me before first period today that he read on ESPN Insider a Colon deal to the Sox was going to happen today. I blew it off as saying I've heard so many rumors already and wanted it to be official. It wasn't until my lunch period when a seperate Cub fan aproached me insisting that we had overpayed. At first, I pretty much assumed him to be true given the record of Kenny Williams. However, when I sprinted to the computer as he couldn't tell me the names of who we had given up (I assumed the worst in Borchard, Honel, etc.), flipped open mlb.com, it loaded to slowly, switched to espn.com, clicked on mlb... and my jaw dropped. It was true. Opened up the story to see who we had given up. I didn't believe it. I kept searching the article for Borchard's name or Crede's name or another one of our top prospects. But nope! None could be found! Haha! Great trade K-Dub.

Chrisaway
01-15-2003, 09:40 PM
I knew the trade was happening today (there was an article in the trib even). But I was hella fearful that we'd trade the whole farm for him (Crede, Borchard, hell Buehrle?). When I saw that all we gave up was Osuna, Biddle and Jeff "I Suck" Liefer, I did one of those manowar fist pump thingys. Thanks KW, you may have finally made a trade that will win us some games.

Go Sox!!!!

SoxRulecubsdrool
01-15-2003, 09:43 PM
I forgot to add that I definitely thought there would be a catch. I was afraid to hear what we had to give up. Perhaps giving blood. Perhaps agreeing to fewer beer consessions at the park. Then I would have a real problem. :gulp:

Honestly I thought Kenny would be throwing in one of those Konerko/Crede/Marte/Wright/Ordonez/plus anyone else you want type deals.
It was scary for a few minutes until the details came in. :gulp:

hempsox
01-15-2003, 09:55 PM
I have the joy of working amongst quite a few fans of the beer-garden. I decided that the thing to do would be to show off my "Fat man Happy dance" while chanting "BARTOLO". Everyone in the office now knows that this Sox fan can't dance...who cares...
We now have a bona fide starting pitcher to go along with Buehrle.
This could be the best starting rotation that doesn't feature Kirk McCaskill at the fifth starter spot.
Could you imagine if KW had just had the balls and sense (and $$$) to get Millwood for someone like JoPaul. Now that would have been A ROTATION.

ilovemags30
01-15-2003, 10:23 PM
i nearly wet myself and shouted out to my father that "this is the best birthday present ever!!!" :D:

Pete_SSAC
01-15-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Bucktown
I creamed my jeans. Today is the greatest day of my life.

Geezzz... I've learned too much today about fan's sexual attraction to baseball. Not to mention, over Colon of all players. I mean, look at him! (Just, not too closely)

I... threw up. Litterally. Just about a half hour ago. But, I was like that all day.

- Pete, who wonders what he'll get since his 21st B-Day is sunday!

Daver
01-15-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC
Geezzz... I've learned too much today about fan's sexual attraction to baseball. Not to mention, over Colon of all players. I mean, look at him! (Just, not too closely)

I... threw up. Litterally. Just about a half hour ago. But, I was like that all day.

- Pete, who wonders what he'll get since his 21st B-Day is sunday!

Well you won't get the signing of Andre the Giant's mini-me,that happened today,I see a six pack of malt liquor for your birthday.

:)

wassagstdu
01-16-2003, 11:45 AM
Bravo KW! Beautiful!!

ode to veeck
01-16-2003, 01:38 PM
I was totally surprized to hear about getting Colon on the radio yesterday, but then later I was bummed to hear we gave up Rocky as part of the Sox collateral, even though the trade does look good on the balance of what we gave up for what we got.

I'll miss seeing Rocky in a Sox uniform

kevingrt
01-16-2003, 06:14 PM
My legs still hurt, I'm going to get crutches for the rest of the season!