PDA

View Full Version : KW on ESPN Radio 1000

kevingrt
01-15-2003, 03:27 PM
I was listening to his interview with Mac, Jurko, and Harry today and noticed he said he is having a physical with a relief pitcher on Monday to help the pen after losses of Biddle and Osuna. Now is this Tom Gordon or is this someone we have not heard of.

doublem23
01-15-2003, 03:45 PM
It's Gordon.

kermittheefrog
01-15-2003, 03:50 PM
Did Kenny spend his whole time on ESPN 1000 saying things to the effect of "I'm the man aren't I?" Because he deserves to after this ridiculous fleecing. I might even consider changing the pic in my sig.

npdempse
01-15-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog
Did Kenny spend his whole time on ESPN 1000 saying things to the effect of "I'm the man aren't I?" Because he deserves to after this ridiculous fleecing. I might even consider changing the pic in my sig.

There's a long press conference on the White Sox MLB site, about a half hour of him being incredibly sane and modest, refusing to get into how much of a race the Central is going to be, etc.

This whole deal is like the Twilight Zone.

Daver
01-15-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by kermittheefrog

Actually no Kermit,KW was quite pleased the deal was done but rather humble about it,the fact that he has a cold and his viove sounded raspy as hell might have something to do with that though.

pudge
01-15-2003, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by daver
Actually no Kermit,KW was quite pleased the deal was done but rather humble about it,the fact that he has a cold and his viove sounded raspy as hell might have something to do with that though.

Or the fact that people like Wells, Ritchie and Clayton have humbled him.

I know Colon is better than any of those guys, but the possibility still remains that he could suck next year.

Lip Man 1
01-15-2003, 06:53 PM
If Colon does suck this year then it's time to pull the plug on the GM. Not for the reason you think though.

It will prove that Williams is just "unlucky." Now before you go rolling your eyes consider this, that would mark the 3rd straight season he pulled a deal that many folks thought was a good one, only to see it go sour.

Some folks flat out have bad things happen to them, all the time.

When that happens you have a change of scenery and hope things get better.

Lip