PDA

View Full Version : Analysis Of Other Effected Parties THoughts

34 Inch Stick
01-15-2003, 04:23 PM
I have been looking around the web sites to the teams that were most effected by this trade. Here is a breakdown of feelings of fans:

New York- ranges from liking to loving the trade. They will miss El Duque (same feelings we have for Biddle I guess). Very happy to have Osuna. Even happier to stick it to the Red Sox for the second time in a month. Of course the Yankee fans have been understanding to their Red Sox brothers. Our participation in the deal seems insignificant to them.

Montreal- they do not appear to like the trade. They blame Minaya for waiting to long on the deal and decreasing value. Would have liked what other teams were offering more. In a struggle just to keep the team in Montreal.

Boston- this group seems completely dillusional. Posts from earlier in the week talk about picking up Colon. Now that he is gone the majority say they didn't want him anyway. There are a few who realize the devastation of the Yankee interference. Don't seem to be making plans for playoff baseball. Of course they hate the Yankees.

Twins- Think this trade will make it a serious race. Say it is a sign the White Sox will be battling. Do not seem to fear Colon in head to head based on 2 outings last year. Still think the offense is going to magically get better.

Overall I like the Yankee fan opinion. Not only do they have enough talent to win their division, they have enough money to manipulate the entire game against their enemies. It is never a question about the division, only where if a move makes the team closer to championship caliber.

Boston seems like a sad sack group. They want to win but are willing to make excuses when they don't. I was suprised to find them very similar to the north side franchises fans.

Montreal is dead. It seems like few people care.

The Twins cannot seem to have any perspective on how things effect their team. They won the division last year so the same things will happen this year. Corey Koskie is always going to break out.

That's my report. Submitted for your review and who gives a rat's ass about your approval.

yankthese
01-15-2003, 08:04 PM
For a Yankee fan perspective, I love the trade for several reasons. In no order:

1) Makes room for Weaver in the rotation. Despite El Duque being a big part of championship teams and a clutch post season pitcher, there is a log jam in the rotation. They Yanks were stupid enough to bring back Clemens and someone had to go. There were no takers on Hitchcock and Weaver is the future of the rotation. Duque would have pitched out of the bullpen, but it's one less person Weaver has to beat out in Spring Training.

2) Free up salary Hey, it's a start!

3) Pumped about Osuna! We need a right handed setup guy to take over Mendoza's role from last year. Good pitcher, can close games if needed, doesn't give up a lot of homeruns, and has a live fastball. And we get a good prospect as well. Some people are pretty high on him.

4) Help a team get better It make the Sox a serious force in the AL Central, and makes for better competition around the AL. It also comes back to bite Cleveland in the ass a bit, which I'm loving...

5) George sticks it to the BlowSox once again! Just goes to show how much george hate Larry Lucinno. In typical Red Sox fashion, last week were doing cartwheels about him, and now claim they never had any interest, he's over-rated and he's just too damn fat to be a Red Sox. (see Mo Vaughn and Roger Clemens). :whiner:

You guys should come to our forum and drop your $.02 on the deal.

http://forums.nyyfans.com

Iwritecode
01-16-2003, 01:26 PM
I checked out the Tribe troll board yesterday just to see what they thought about having Colon back in the ALC again. It seems like they think it was a good trade for us but there not exactly looking forward to facing (and I'm paraphrasing here) "a right-hander that throws 99 MPH heat one day and then a lefty with a curve ball that drops of the table the next day."

Works for me. :D:

I'm also looking forward to teams adjusting to Marte's big sweeping slider or Gordon's 12 to 6 curve for one inning and then facing Koch's 95+ heat the next inning... :D:

SoxRulecubsdrool
01-16-2003, 04:21 PM
If anyone is looking for comedy, just go to the main AOL baseball message board. You get a few White Sox fans tossing in their good feelings and then a bunch of Red Sox fans saying how much we ****. :o: Then they just bash the Yankees. The Red Sox fans are very sour. Plus, I swear, not one of them can spell.
It's funny enough to check it out.

rmusacch
01-16-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I have been looking around the web sites to the teams that were most effected by this trade. Here is a breakdown of feelings of fans:

New York- ranges from liking to loving the trade. They will miss El Duque (same feelings we have for Biddle I guess). Very happy to have Osuna. Even happier to stick it to the Red Sox for the second time in a month. Of course the Yankee fans have been understanding to their Red Sox brothers. Our participation in the deal seems insignificant to them.

Montreal- they do not appear to like the trade. They blame Minaya for waiting to long on the deal and decreasing value. Would have liked what other teams were offering more. In a struggle just to keep the team in Montreal.

Boston- this group seems completely dillusional. Posts from earlier in the week talk about picking up Colon. Now that he is gone the majority say they didn't want him anyway. There are a few who realize the devastation of the Yankee interference. Don't seem to be making plans for playoff baseball. Of course they hate the Yankees.

Twins- Think this trade will make it a serious race. Say it is a sign the White Sox will be battling. Do not seem to fear Colon in head to head based on 2 outings last year. Still think the offense is going to magically get better.

Overall I like the Yankee fan opinion. Not only do they have enough talent to win their division, they have enough money to manipulate the entire game against their enemies. It is never a question about the division, only where if a move makes the team closer to championship caliber.

Boston seems like a sad sack group. They want to win but are willing to make excuses when they don't. I was suprised to find them very similar to the north side franchises fans.

Montreal is dead. It seems like few people care.

The Twins cannot seem to have any perspective on how things effect their team. They won the division last year so the same things will happen this year. Corey Koskie is always going to break out.

That's my report. Submitted for your review and who gives a rat's ass about your approval.

Hernandez is a much better pitcher and has had more success that Biddle.

wulfy
01-16-2003, 06:15 PM
But Hernandez is 109 years old, and Rocky is still very young, with a live arm.

I don't understand why the Expos wanted Hernandez - how does he fit into any future plans with them?

MarkEdward
01-16-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by wulfy

I don't understand why the Expos wanted Hernandez - how does he fit into any future plans with them?

Dump him for prospects at the trade deadline?

wulfy
01-16-2003, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
Dump him for prospects at the trade deadline?

I guess, but you have to then assume he's going to be healthy then, which is a big "if" when El Duque is concerned.