PDA

View Full Version : Tomorrow's Trib sports headline

moochpuppy
01-15-2003, 03:08 PM
Cubs agree to deal with staff ace Wood (http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2003/0115/1493187.html)

and in other baseball news.................

Kenny Williams again trades too many players for a #2 starter.

jortafan
01-15-2003, 03:27 PM
More important, how will Mariotti disparage this move?

I can already imagine he'll claim our team doesn't deserve it, and only fluked their way into it because of other teams not willing to meet Montreal's demands.

Oh well, my serious point is 'who cares what the Trib' headline will be? Enjoy the fact that for once, a move appears to have gone our way. Now, let's see if the team can back it up by playing well for a full season.

Rocky Soprano
01-15-2003, 03:32 PM
Ive always said that the papers have always been biased towards the Cubs. The Trib, well we all know why but the Sun-Times suck up to those losers all the time.

I cant wait till the Sox win a pennant first and then watch them all switch sides...

We should all go pickett in front of the Trib and Sun-Times! :D:

cheeses_h_rice
01-15-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by jortafan
More important, how will Mariotti disparage this move?

I can already imagine he'll claim our team doesn't deserve it, and only fluked their way into it because of other teams not willing to meet Montreal's demands.

Oh well, my serious point is 'who cares what the Trib' headline will be? Enjoy the fact that for once, a move appears to have gone our way. Now, let's see if the team can back it up by playing well for a full season.

:moron

The Smut Sox's incompetent General Manager, Kenny Williams, lucked into a deal thanks to the shrewd bargaining power of the always-crafty New York Yankees, who were determined to keep Bartolo Colon from the clutches of their AL East rivals the Red Sox...

__

Something like that?

Vsahajpal
01-15-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

The Smut Sox's incompetent General Manager, Kenny Williams, lucked into a deal thanks to the shrewd bargaining power of the always-crafty New York Yankees, who were determined to keep Bartolo Colon from the clutches of their AL East rivals the Red Sox...

__

Something like that?

lol, someone beat Jay to it

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/news/030115colon.html

ChiWhiteSox1337
01-15-2003, 04:32 PM
I was watching around the horn on ESPN, and Jay Mariotti is the rep for chicago, he won today's show and in his 15 seconds of freetime, he said he was the biggest critic of the white sox and he said he was impressed with jerry reinsdorf and the crew for landing this deal

voodoochile
01-15-2003, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
I was watching around the horn on ESPN, and Jay Mariotti is the rep for chicago, he won today's show and in his 15 seconds of freetime, he said he was the biggest critic of the white sox and he said he was impressed with jerry reinsdorf and the crew for landing this deal

And the bandwagon jumping begins...

Now he has a backdoor when the Sox start to win this year.

June 15th, 2003

"Well, you can thank the Jaymeister for giving you the scoop early. I told you all back in January when the Sox acquired Colon how impressed I was with Jerry Reinsdorf and Kenny Williams for putting this deal together. I knew then that the Sox were the team to beat in the AL Central. I only hope they don't blow it.

I know their plastic, horrid stadium is only drawing 25K a night and ShamMe is leading the league in home runs again, but the first place Sox are the story of the early summer. Even moody, irritable, not good as ShamME slugger Frank Thomas has been having a big season. For only the second time in the last 6 years Frank is headed for the AS game. I'd call him the come back player of the year, but I really don't like the man.... er I mean... it is just too darn early to tell if this bloated oaf... er I mean potential veterans-comittee Hall-of-Famer is going to keep it up or if he will sink back into the dregs dragging the team with him."

34rancher
01-15-2003, 05:37 PM
Hey mooch good to see you again. Missed ya'.

I think Jay will come up with some trade that the Sox should propose that would give the Cubs Colon and Buehrle for a bag of balls and one day without Jay slamming the Sox in the newspapers.