PDA

View Full Version : Intimidation Factor

34 Inch Stick
01-15-2003, 03:59 PM
I like the trade for so many reasons. I think it works out best in that Colon pushes all the other pitchers into more reasonable roles on the team. They will not have to worry about ending long losing streaks, because we will never lose more than 4 in a row this year.

I also think a guy like Colon will intimidate the three weak sisters of the division before they step foot on the field the night he pitches. Where they feel they have a 50-50 shot against guys like Garland they will expect to lose against Colon.

I forsee us having an excellent record against the Tigers, Indians and Royals this year (70%) which would have brought us a lot closer to the Twins last year.

hold2dibber
01-15-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I like the trade for so many reasons. I think it works out best in that Colon pushes all the other pitchers into more reasonable roles on the team. They will not have to worry about ending long losing streaks, because we will never lose more than 4 in a row this year.

I also think a guy like Colon will intimidate the three weak sisters of the division before they step foot on the field the night he pitches. Where they feel they have a 50-50 shot against guys like Garland they will expect to lose against Colon.

I forsee us having an excellent record against the Tigers, Indians and Royals this year (70%) which would have brought us a lot closer to the Twins last year.

If the Sox win 2/3 of their games against those teams, they'd only have to go .500 against the rest of the world to win 90. Of course, that holds true for the Twins too.