PDA

View Full Version : How far will the Sox go in 03?

Rocky Soprano
01-15-2003, 03:49 PM
Now that we have two true starters. Anyone feel like predicting just how far the Sox will go in 03?

nut_stock
01-15-2003, 03:52 PM
I'll wait until spring training starts. There's usually an official poll that comes out on this site around then. ....But unofficially, I'll say a World Series Appearance!!!!

34 Inch Stick
01-15-2003, 04:02 PM
Division champions. Once you get into the playoffs, who knows.

Iguana775
01-15-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick

that's my initial thought.

but ST is a ways away still and things can happen.

jeremyb1
01-15-2003, 04:11 PM

i agree.

doublem23
01-15-2003, 04:14 PM
We'll definitely make the Central a little more interesting than it was last year.

kevingrt
01-15-2003, 04:14 PM

I'll agree, but I can see us going even further.

Rocky Soprano
01-15-2003, 04:18 PM
If our team stays healthy all year and our youngsters have break out seasons, we just might be the team to beat.

Can you imagine? The World Champion Chicago White Sox!

Has a nice ring to it. :)

Meatpants
01-15-2003, 04:23 PM
Love the Colon trade, but they're still a 2nd place team, way too many question marks. :whiner:

jortafan
01-15-2003, 04:24 PM
I'll stand by my previous thoughts (which were overly optimistic pre-Colon). We'll make it to the playoffs, then lose. No pennant in '03. But maybe now we'll be competitive in the playoffs and make it to the final round, rather than getting swept out in the first round.

doublem23
01-15-2003, 04:25 PM
Let's worry about winning the division first. I agree that we have a good chance now that we have another proven MLB starter, but there are still gaping holes on this team that I fear won't be addressed now that the "Bartolo Hoopla" is upon us. Even if Rowand is ready to come back, we don't have a lead-off man and only an average, at best, center fielder, and we are in big trouble at catcher. A lot of things can happen, and a lot depends on the the progression and regression of the Twins. As much as it pains me to say it, I think if the Twins play as well as they are capable of playing, I don't know if this White Sox team is as good as they are (yet), but only time will tell...

Optimistically speaking though, our chances at a division championship are now significantly higher. :D:

sox_fan_forever
01-15-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Let's worry about winning the division first. I agree that we have a good chance now that we have another proven MLB starter, but there are still gaping holes on this team that I fear won't be addressed now that the "Bartolo Hoopla" is upon us. Even if Rowand is ready to come back, we don't have a lead-off man and only an average, at best, center fielder, and we are in big trouble at catcher. A lot of things can happen, and a lot depends on the the progression and regression of the Twins. As much as it pains me to say it, I think if the Twins play as well as they are capable of playing, I don't know if this White Sox team is as good as they are (yet), but only time will tell...

Optimistically speaking though, our chances at a division championship are now significantly higher. :D:

I agree with everything you said.