PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Yankees

34 Inch Stick
01-15-2003, 12:49 PM
I think this deal gets done more out of Yankee ambition to keep Colon out of Boston than Sox ingenuity at putting a deal together.

For that I say thank you Yankees. We might even give you back some of that luxury tax money. See the Yankees bring up the level of play in the entire AL not just their division. And who said they were good for nothing.

Again Thanks Yanks. Now get screwed. You will pay for this deal in October.

jeremyb1
01-15-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I think this deal gets done more out of Yankee ambition to keep Colon out of Boston than Sox ingenuity at putting a deal together.

For that I say thank you Yankees. We might even give you back some of that luxury tax money. See the Yankees bring up the level of play in the entire AL not just their division. And who said they were good for nothing.

my hatred for the yankees is definately lessened, at least for the day.

PaleHoseGeorge
01-15-2003, 08:59 PM
Kudos to Professor Chaos for being the winner in a field of 26 teams to be the beneficiary of the Yankees insatiable thirst to dominate the A.L. East.

Go piss up a rope, Boston!

:gulp:

duke of dorwood
01-15-2003, 11:10 PM
:boston

You talkin to Me ??????

Tragg
01-15-2003, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick

Actually, this was a good trade for the yankees. Traded an overpaid starter for a needed middle reliever and a prospect i assume they like (don't know much about him myself).
We gave up 3 pitchers for colon - none of our studs, however, which is why it's a great deal.