PDA

View Full Version : Bartolo Colon -- Lamarr Hoyt, Wilbur Wood, (gasp) David Wells

rwschm_bull
01-15-2003, 11:11 AM
Ok, we've got a #2 pitcher -- (who's used to being a #1 starter)

He's gonna be 30 -- should be in the prime of his career --

but let's just hope somebody puts him on a fitness program -- or he's gonna break down (and probably sooner than later) -- he's a thrower -- NOT a pitcher and with that body type when/if he goes down, it's not going to be pretty...

Another in the long-line of softball-sized Sox pitchers...

Dadawg_77
01-15-2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by rwschm_bull

but let's just hope somebody puts him on a fitness program -- or he's gonna break down (and probably sooner than later) -- he's a thrower -- NOT a pitcher and with that body type when/if he goes down, it's not going to be pretty...

of that list there is only one that failed.

WinningUgly!
01-15-2003, 01:18 PM

Another...Carlos Castillo.

raul12
01-15-2003, 01:23 PM
wasn't Jamie Navarro fat too? I've tried to repress all memories of that man. But somehow, I think this one is going to be different! Jumpin' on the bandwagon!!!! :)

(and the brewers have signed k-layton AND ritchie, the packers got killed in the playoffs at home, the bucks suck...it's a good time to be a chicago fan in Wisconsin!)

bc2k
01-15-2003, 02:05 PM

I have confidence in Herm. David Wells praised the program Herm designed for him. Although Wells eventually broke down, I believe he would have broken down much sooner if not for Herm. Besides, Herm dropped a lot of weight himself so I have confidence he can do the same with Bartolo granted he doesn't fall in love with Chicago deepdish.

Lip Man 1
01-15-2003, 02:11 PM
Colon's health is an issue. That being said I would be much more concerned about it if Nardi was still the pitching coach.

Lip