PDA

View Full Version : the score reports...

harwar
01-15-2003, 10:40 AM
Just heard that the Colon deal will be annonced in a couple of hours.We are supposed to send a picher & jeff liefer to the expos and a bullpen pitcher to the yankees.

cheeses_h_rice
01-15-2003, 10:44 AM
WHOO-HOO!!!

FINALLY, a smart move by KW.

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

harwar
01-15-2003, 10:46 AM
The word is Osuna is going to the yanks,but that the pitcher going to Montreal along with Liefer is unknown,but that its NOT J. Rauch.

hold2dibber
01-15-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by harwar
The word is Osuna is going to the yanks,but that the pitcher going to Montreal along with Liefer is unknown,but that its NOT J. Rauch.

I assume that the pitcher going to Montreal is El Duque or someone else from the Yankees (that's why the Yankees are in this deal in the first place).

Viva Magglio
01-15-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by harwar

Wunsch???

moochpuppy
01-15-2003, 10:52 AM
Corwin Malone

WinningUgly!
01-15-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Wunsch???

According to Phil Rogers...

It was not clear whom the Sox were prepared to send to New York. The Yankees' only possible weakness is the bullpen, making relievers Antonio Osuna, Gary Glover, Damaso Marte and Kelly Wunsch possible bargaining chips.

In a move that may be related to a trade, the White Sox are close to signing free-agent reliever Tom Gordon, according to a source. Gordon was limited to 34 games because of a torn muscle behind his shoulder in 2002, but he finished the year strong for the Cubs.

Link (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-030114soxcolonrogers,1,1113388.story?coll=cs%2Dwhi tesox%2Dheadlines)

OfficerKarkovice
01-15-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Wunsch???

I hope so...although I remember a while ago the Yankees were interested in Wunsch so maybe he is going to NY...but either way this trade is fantastic...THAT A BOY KW!

Iwritecode
01-15-2003, 10:58 AM
Just a note. I just counted 36 members currently signed in. Amazing how this place becomes the center of attention when a deal is about to be announced. :smile:

Also, anyone else figure that no matter who we give up, there will still be someone, somewhere complaining that we gave up too much?

WinningUgly!
01-15-2003, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
Just a note. I just counted 36 members currently signed in. Amazing how this place becomes the center of attention when a deal is about to be announced. :smile:

Also, anyone else figure that no matter who we give up, there will still be someone, somewhere complaining that we gave up too much?
White Sox Interactive Forums Who's Online @ 09:59 AM -
47 Members and 21 Lurkers

harwar
01-15-2003, 11:01 AM
I really wanted Vasquez.However;I think this will be great.When was the last time the Sox had a really great 1-2 punch?I'm so excited i can hardly type!!!

Dadawg_77
01-15-2003, 11:02 AM
It took me two hours to get in here today.

hold2dibber
01-15-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

If the deal is as reported (we only lose Liefer and Osuna) and anybody complains that we gave up too much, they'd be nuts. I think the complaining we'll hear is that the Sox got Colon instead of Vazquez.

bc2k
01-15-2003, 11:05 AM
Wow. What a way to start the day. This is obviously great news. Minaya is dumbass. He should have made a trade at the Winter Meetings when he had his best offers.

Maybe we should re-do that poll asking us Sox fans how many games we'll be attending this year. I would pay to see Buehrle, Colon, Wright, JGar, Rauch, or Biddle start. Can you say Central Division Lock? Can you say ALCS lock? Can you say WS lock? Ah, it feels so nice to be a Sox fan.

This one trade surpasses all of the Cubs offseason moves. I can't wait to read about this trade on page 5, before Preps Plus.

doublem23
01-15-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
If the deal is as reported (we only lose Liefer and Osuna) and anybody complains that we gave up too much, they'd be nuts. I think the complaining we'll hear is that the Sox got Colon instead of Vazquez.

The Score is saying we'd lose a prospect pitcher and ESPN Radio reported we'd deal an outfielder to New York, but made no mention of anyone else going to Montreal (besides Hernandez).

Who knows? It hasn't happened yet, so we'll just have to wait.

harwar
01-15-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
ESPN Radio reported we'd deal an outfielder to New York

Although the yankees have showed interest in C.Lee over the years,i can't see why they would need another outfielder when their bullpen has been weakened this off-season.I figure Osuna or Wunch or Marte are gone to the yanks.

Dadawg_77
01-15-2003, 11:13 AM
Liefer is an OF

cheeses_h_rice
01-15-2003, 11:14 AM
If the Sox get anything more than a pair of used sweatsocks for Liefer, it will have been a great deal.

PLEASE let it be Liefer gone!

harwar
01-15-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Liefer is an OF

Liefer is going to the expos

nixsox
01-15-2003, 11:15 AM
Finally i'm able to log on to the site. I heard one of the reasons why the Yankees are involved is because Big George didn't want Colon to go to Boston. You got to admit KW has some stones. This has been a great day and a half so far. Yesterday they let go of Ritchie and today they sign Colon. Yesssssssssssss! :D: