PDA

View Full Version : Ritchie in Milwaukee!

MetalliSox
01-14-2003, 02:14 PM
Looks like KW traded Fogg and Wells for a 15 loss starter with arm problems last year and nothing more, as Ritchie has signed with the Brewers.

jortafan
01-14-2003, 02:16 PM
Who's complaining? At least we're not stuck with Ritchie anymore.

But does this mean Bud's team is becoming the White Sox dumping ground of choice? First Navarro, then Clayton, now Ritchie.

Kilroy
01-14-2003, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by KonerkosHip
Looks like KW traded Fogg and Wells for a 15 loss starter with arm problems last year and nothing more, as Ritchie has signed with the Brewers.

Link please?

I think this blows. Ritchie was gonna be inexpensive, and he would certainly have been better than he was last year. But if not the fact that he would have come cheap would have made it an easy thing to roll him to the curb if he sucked again...

hold2dibber
01-14-2003, 02:48 PM
Well, I have to give KW a little bit of credit for not holding onto Ritchie just to try to salvage the trade for the sake of saving face. Nonetheless, I still think last year was an aberation and that Ritchie's sudden ineffectiveness was the result of injury. He was damn good for his first 10 starts or so and prior to coming here, he was always at least decent. The fact that he was so terrible after those first 10 starts suggests to me that he was hurt, because he had never been that bad before. I think there is a decent chance that he'll return to pre-White Sox form with the Brewers (i.e., a 10 to 14 game winner with an ERA between 4.00 and 4.50).

hold2dibber
01-14-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
Link please?

I think this blows. Ritchie was gonna be inexpensive, and he would certainly have been better than he was last year. But if not the fact that he would have come cheap would have made it an easy thing to roll him to the curb if he sucked again...

Ritchie would have been about my 5th choice among those FA starting pitchers who are still available (behind Valdes, Suppan, Finley and possibly Person and/or Rogers).

Hangar18
01-14-2003, 03:00 PM
Ritchie this Year will be Last yrs David Wells.

the guy gets hurt...has a bad season.....
is Available at a very cheap price, but isnt tendered
(thereby making the trade/acquisition a "wash")

Remember...wells won what....17 gms last yr...
that wouldve helped the sox so much....
ritchie will win 14 in the weak national league.

cheeses_h_rice
01-14-2003, 03:02 PM
Here's a link...no mention of $, though:

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_news.jsp?ymd=20030114&content_id=191177&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp

Pete_SSAC
01-14-2003, 03:40 PM
Hmmmm....

:ritchie + :hitless = A worse team then the :scrubs ?

- Pete

duke of dorwood
01-14-2003, 04:04 PM
Glad that's over.

voodoochile
01-14-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Glad that's over.

No more Royce, no more watching Fogg and Kip tearing it up while Ritchie melts into a puddle of goo on the mound. Boomer's long gone. The White Flag Trade era is over too...

What will we ever find to talk about?

kevingrt
01-14-2003, 05:03 PM
He's gone to the Brewers, as heard on ESPN Radio 1000 on the 5:00 PM SportsCenter Update.

I'm so happy!!! I have recently found out their is a God!

RedPinStripes
01-14-2003, 05:27 PM
It sucks that we got nothing for Fogg and Wells, but i'd rather see Rauch, Biddle, or Stewart out there then Ritchie.

Foulke You
01-14-2003, 05:56 PM
Wow. This kind've surprised me. I thought KW would re sign Ritchie for sure if only at a chance at saving face. I wonder if this is a sign that KW is indeed working on a deal to bring in a pitcher, thus there would have been no room for Ritchie? I know, should've been in teal. :D:

ScottyTheSoxFan
01-14-2003, 07:13 PM
I guess Miller Park is the White Sox dumping ground. Obviously the government wouldn't let the Sox fans send royce deep into a mountain in New Mexico As If he were hazardous chemical that can destroy anything wherever he is.

as for ritchie, good riddance. he was bad. anyone who was at the game against cleveland in early july, saw this as proof he doesn't belong in a Sox hat.

michigan84
01-14-2003, 09:43 PM
I'm kind of glad that he's gone, but he would have been cheap to sign and held a spot in the rotation while the kids developed in the minors.

So basically KW gave the Pirates their two aces for nothing in return! Nice going KW!!! This is a new low even for him!!! He really is a moron!