PDA

View Full Version : Our buddy, Peter Gammons, on Boston Radio

SoxxoS
01-13-2003, 11:12 PM
My WHITE Sox friend in Boston said that Peter "Russ Ortiz" Gammons was on Boston sports radio and said that the White Sox are the best potential suitor left for Colon. So that leaves-USA Today, The Sporting News, and ESPN talking about the Sox interest in Colon. Except I haven't heard or read one iota from any Chicago papers or any radio stations. Not even Phil Rogers. I am just wondering KW-
What the hell is going on here?

Daver
01-13-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
My WHITE Sox friend in Boston said that Peter "Russ Ortiz" Gammons was on Boston sports radio and said that the White Sox are the best potential suitor left for Colon. So that leaves-USA Today, The Sporting News, and ESPN talking about the Sox interest in Colon. Except I haven't heard or read one iota from any Chicago papers or any radio stations. Not even Phil Rogers. I am just wondering KW-

Never trust a word :boston says.

TornLabrum
01-13-2003, 11:20 PM

:KW

"The rumors of my being awake are greatly exaggerated."

duke of dorwood
01-13-2003, 11:26 PM

Hey, I'll worry about Colon when I'm thru painting the upper deck

doublem23
01-13-2003, 11:28 PM
My WHITE Sox friend in Boston said that Peter "Russ Ortiz" Gammons was on Boston sports radio and said that the White Sox are the best potential suitor left for Colon.

So... We're definitely not going to get him. Figures.

mike squires
01-14-2003, 01:40 AM
When the Sox reveal his arrival at SOXfest I want this post to be the post of the week...It's gonna happen folks.

mrwag
01-14-2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by mike squires
When the Sox reveal his arrival at SOXfest I want this post to be the post of the week...It's gonna happen folks.
You know something, it wouldn't surprise me. This thought has been in the back of my mind. I think if someone else were to get him, it'd be done already. Too many deals have fallen through. Usually guys of this caliber are snatched up by now in the offseason.

MaggPipes
01-14-2003, 08:14 AM
well the longer the Expos don't trade Colon the lower the price is going to be....maybe that is KW's plan.....who knows......sounds good to me.........

OneDog
01-14-2003, 08:28 AM
Where's hsc when you need her?

:)

hold2dibber
01-14-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by mrwag
You know something, it wouldn't surprise me. This thought has been in the back of my mind. I think if someone else were to get him, it'd be done already. Too many deals have fallen through. Usually guys of this caliber are snatched up by now in the offseason.

There's no doubt in my mind that the Sox are in the hunt; if you think about teams that are still looking for a starting pitcher, have a bit of $ to spend, and haven't publicly pulled out of the Colon sweepstakes, there don't seem to be too many teams besides the Sox that would make sense (maybe the Orioles, Rangers or Cardinals?).

doublem23
01-14-2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by mike squires

Can it also be the POTW when it doesn't?

SoxxoS
01-14-2003, 01:06 PM

"Uhhhh, everybody, We have an annoucement. I know many of you thought I would be announcing that Bartolo Colon was traded for. Well, we couldn't pull the trigger on that one. However, I DID find Scott Ruffcorn AND Rodney Boulton and asked them to join us in spring training. We think they add a veteran leadership, and will be good for about 300 inning between the 2 of them."

DrCrawdad
01-14-2003, 01:34 PM

"Uhhhh, everybody, We have an annoucement. I know many of you thought I would be announcing that Bartolo Colon was traded for. Well, we couldn't pull the trigger on that one. However, I DID find Scott Ruffcorn AND Rodney Boulton and asked them to join us in spring training. We think they add a veteran leadership, and will be good for about 300 inning between the 2 of them."

Weren't Ruffcorn and Bolton drafted during the Schu-years? IIRC Kenny wasn't around then.

WinningUgly!
01-14-2003, 02:48 PM
Jerry Reinsdorf speaking to the fans at Soxfest...
:reinsy
"I'd like to welcome all of you to Soxfest 2003 & take this opportunity to say a few words about my general manager, Ken Williams. Ken has been a loyal, hardworking member of this organization since his playing days. I realize that Kenny has become somewhat of a joke in the eyes of many other GMs around the league, due to the lopsided deals he is so often involved in & at times becoming confused by players having similar names. Sure he's made his share of mistakes since taking over the GM job a few years ago, but he has assured me that he has learned valuable lessons from each giant blunder that he has orchestrated. At this time I'd like to bring him in to announce his latest major acquisition. Kenny has kept this one under wraps for several weeks, to be able to unveil it here at Soxfest. So without further ado, I'll hand the mic over to Kenny Williams."

"Thank you for the kind words & for standing by me & believing in me, Mr. Reinsdorf. I have been seriously looking into what Sox fans want this off-season. I've spent hundreds of hours on the internet & listening to sports talk radio shows. One name constantly surfaced time & time again. One that I had to outbid the Yankees, Red Sox & several other teams for. It gives me great pleasure to announce my latest great acquisition...sure I had to give up a little bit in return...Jon Garland, Jon Rauch & either Joe Crede or Joe Borchard...I can't remember which one...for..."
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/winningugly/sigs/Bcologne.JPG

Pete_SSAC
01-14-2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
"I'd like to welcome all of you to Soxfest 2003 & take this opportunity to say a few words about my general manager, Ken Williams. Ken has been a loyal, hardworking member of this organization since his playing days. I realize that Kenny has become somewhat of a joke in the eyes of many other GMs around the league, due to the lopsided deals he is so often involved in & at times becoming confused by players having similar names. Sure he's made his share of mistakes since taking over the GM job a few years ago, but he has assured me that he has learned valuable lessons from each giant blunder that he has orchestrated. At this time I'd like to bring him in to announce his latest major acquisition. Kenny has kept this one under wraps for several weeks, to be able to unveil it here at Soxfest. So without further ado, I'll hand the mic over to Kenny Williams."

"Thank you for the kind words & for standing by me & believing in me, Mr. Reinsdorf. I have been seriously looking into what Sox fans want this off-season. I've spent hundreds of hours on the internet & listening to sports talk radio shows. One name constantly surfaced time & time again. One that I had to outbid the Yankees, Red Sox & several other teams for. It gives me great pleasure to announce my latest great acquisition...sure I had to give up a little bit in return...Jon Garland, Jon Rauch & either Joe Crede or Joe Borchard...I can't remember which one...for..."

See folks, THIS is why I don't post here that often on the off season, because there is no way I can compete with sh*t like this... it's too damn good.

- Pete, who is at school and wondering just HOW deaf is the guy a few computers down from him, since he can hear his headphones clear as day.

Jjav829
01-14-2003, 04:25 PM

*****! Great stuff as usual WU! :smile:

hold2dibber
01-14-2003, 04:42 PM

I don't even want to think about what that might smell like.

Unregistered
01-14-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
I don't even want to think about what that might smell like. Baco Bits, Jalepeno peppers and Bavarian Creme Churros is my guess.

hold2dibber
01-14-2003, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Baco Bits, Jalepeno peppers and Bavarian Creme Churros is my guess.

Oh man, I said I didn't want to even think about it!! Yuck. Thanks a lot!

But if the Sox get him, I think you've come up with a great new Churros flavor to honor him.

34rancher
01-14-2003, 05:54 PM

No need to pst anymore this year, we have a winner. Post of the Year. I literally fell out of my chair laughing over this. I am still crying. The sad part is that I could see it happening (only in Chicago). Check the damn box.

WinningUgly!
01-15-2003, 02:22 PM
Nice deal Kenny. :gulp: Now I'm sorry I made fun of you.