PDA

View Full Version : Allstar Game Tickets

dllrbll7
01-13-2003, 06:57 PM
Hey i was just wondering if they have released any other ticket packages which would include the Allstar game, besides the full season ticket plan. I ahve been told that back in 83 i think it was they sold partial season tickets with the Allstar game included. Thanks

Dadawg_77
01-13-2003, 07:18 PM
27 game plan get you tickets.

HawkDJ
01-13-2003, 07:33 PM
I really want to go to the all-star game but there is just no way. I go to about 3 games a year and there is no way my parents would get a 27 game ticket plan.

ode to veeck
01-13-2003, 08:05 PM
back in 83 uncle jerry had a mail in lottery for outstanding seats, you mailed in your money and maybe jerry would send some all-star tickets, except no one that mailed in their money got any tickets, and eventually , many weeks and months later all the money orders and checks were returned, while plenty of all-star tickets were available to those that bought ticket packages for the season

doublem23
01-13-2003, 08:07 PM
This is as helpful as I could find from the official site...

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/cws_ticketing_season_tickets_info.jsp?club_context =cws

dllrbll7
01-13-2003, 09:36 PM
The official page doesnt really say anything about partial packages or anything else as a matter of fact. If that is true that a 27 game package will include a chance to buy the allstar game tickets, it would be a good deal.

nut_stock
01-13-2003, 09:44 PM
As much as I'd love to see the AS game, I doubt they'll even put individual tickets for sale by phone or internet so I'm pretty much screwed. I live too far-away too use a multi-game package or too camp out infront of Comiskey.

duke of dorwood
01-13-2003, 10:36 PM
I have a hunch that the 27 gamers will get the option of either the home run derby night OR the game-not both. Full seasons will have first crack at both.

dllrbll7
01-13-2003, 11:11 PM
The homerun derby tickets i dont think will be that hard to come by though because last year they were readily available in Milwaukee.

npdempse
01-13-2003, 11:45 PM
Just bought my 27 game package today (gulp. Section 159 representin') and asked my rep about this. She said they don't have the definitive word on things quite yet and are waiting for MLB to sort it out, I think by March sometime. She implied that the derby and the game are part of an unbreakable package deal. Definitely you can only buy as many tix for the proceedings as you have seats in your plan.

doublem23
01-14-2003, 12:17 AM
Dammit... 27 Games? ****!... Anyone care to contribute to the "Send Doub to the All-Star Game Fund?"

hose
01-14-2003, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by dllrbll7
Hey i was just wondering if they have released any other ticket packages which would include the Allstar game, besides the full season ticket plan. I ahve been told that back in 83 i think it was they sold partial season tickets with the Allstar game included. Thanks

Full season ticket plan will get you in your own seats or of equal value for the All-Star game.

The 27 game guarantees you tickets for the All-Star game.

If you have been a partial season ticket holder for more than two years than you are guaranteed outfield tickets, all new partial season tickets are only guaranteed upper deck seats.

Viva Magglio
01-14-2003, 08:09 AM
I have been a split season ticket holder for more than two years, and my ticket rep has told me that I would be able to attend all the AS festivities. I will double check with her today, however, so don't hold me to that.

Dadawg_77
01-14-2003, 09:34 AM
Last year, they had a lottery for a ticket which were made available to the general public. I know a guy who won and got four tickets. The tickets were all inclusive, Homer Run derby, Fan fest, Seniors and Futures game, and the All Star Game. They ran about $200 something.

steff
01-14-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
I have a hunch that the 27 gamers will get the option of either the home run derby night OR the game-not both. Full seasons will have first crack at both.

We have 27 games. We have option for all events.

steff
01-14-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Last year, they had a lottery for a ticket which were made available to the general public. I know a guy who won and got four tickets. The tickets were all inclusive, Homer Run derby, Fan fest, Seniors and Futures game, and the All Star Game. They ran about $200 something.

Tickets for the Derby and the Game were $125 each. I didn't goto the other events but I believe Mike (whitesoxwilkes?) said that Fan Fest was $30 and Seniors & Futures game was $75.

steff
01-14-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by npdempse
Just bought my 27 game package today (gulp. Section 159 representin') and asked my rep about this. She said they don't have the definitive word on things quite yet and are waiting for MLB to sort it out, I think by March sometime. She implied that the derby and the game are part of an unbreakable package deal. Definitely you can only buy as many tix for the proceedings as you have seats in your plan.

And season ticket holders PRIOR to 2001 (might be 2000) are guaranteed avaliability for the AS game. Good news is that there arent too many of us :-) so there should be enough for new season ticket buyers.

alohafri
01-14-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by steff3603
We have 27 games. We have option for all events.

...and lower deck tickets to boot!

(Who are those good looking people in that pic?) ;)

steff
01-14-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by alohafri
...and lower deck tickets to boot!

(Who are those good looking people in that pic?) ;)

Ahhh.. just some people Jim and I met at the park one day :D:

PaleHoseGeorge
01-14-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Dammit... 27 Games? ****!... Anyone care to contribute to the "Send Doub to the All-Star Game Fund?"

Set up a web cam in your dorm room, prance in your underwear several times per day, and beg profusely.

Depending on the shape of your rear, you'll have the money in no time. Of course I can't vouch for what percent of the total comes from women vs. men.

:gulp:

voodoochile
01-14-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Set up a web cam in your dorm room, prance in your underwear several times per day, and beg profusely.

Depending on the shape of your rear, you'll have the money in no time. Of course I can't vouch for what percent of the total comes from women vs. men.

:gulp:

Does it really matter? If you are going to prance around in your underwear on the Internet, you can't be too choosy as to who enjoys the show - so long as their money is green...

duke of dorwood
01-14-2003, 01:48 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
[B]Set up a web cam in your dorm room, prance in your underwear several times per day, and beg profusely.

Then put on a diaper and take pictures and e mail them to Pete Townsend with a bill.

Viva Magglio
01-14-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
I have been a split season ticket holder for more than two years, and my ticket rep has told me that I would be able to attend all the AS festivities. I will double check with her today, however, so don't hold me to that.

I just talked to my ticket rep, and she confirmed for me that all season ticket holders (full and split) will be able to attend all the events. Order forms/invoices will be sent to season ticket holders in March or April depending upon when MLB informs the White Sox of the ticket prices.

dllrbll7
01-14-2003, 04:37 PM
You should post the webcam on the Scrubs site if you want to make enough money for the full season plan.

whitesoxwilkes
01-14-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by steff3603
Tickets for the Derby and the Game were $125 each. I didn't goto the other events but I believe Mike (whitesoxwilkes?) said that Fan Fest was $30 and Seniors & Futures game was $75.

Steff, your memory is far better than mine. I had to dig out my ticket stub to remember...but you're right.