PDA

View Full Version : How many Sox games do you plan on attending this year?

cheeses_h_rice
01-13-2003, 04:26 PM
Given the state of the Sox now, how many Sox games (home or away) do you plan on attending this year?

cheeses_h_rice
01-13-2003, 04:29 PM
Mods, can you add one more choice: "It depends on what moves the Sox make between now and Opening Day."?

Thanks!

hose
01-13-2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Given the state of the Sox now, how many Sox games (home or away) do you plan on attending this year?

Over 20 for me.

All-Star game.

Might go and see Sox at Comerica

Every home game in October :)

cheeses_h_rice
01-13-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by hose
Every home game in October :)

Ah, one of those dreamer-types, I take it?

whitesoxwilkes
01-13-2003, 04:45 PM
I want to break my record of 55 games at Comiskey I set last year. (I'm a season ticketholder so that's not hard). Also plan on seeing them at the Jake, Comerica and the HumpDome.

Daver
01-13-2003, 04:46 PM
Mods, can you add one more choice: "It depends on what moves the Sox make between now and Opening Day."?

Thanks!

Done Cheeses. :redneck

hose
01-13-2003, 04:51 PM
Ah, one of those dreamer-types, I take it?

Thats what its all about.

Huisj
01-13-2003, 07:28 PM
wish i could get to more but it's tough when you live a ways away, don't really have a car, and don't really have any money or time. I'll probably end up the same as the last few years--their first saturday game in april (day after opening day) and maybe a game in the july and maybe one in detroit.

Brian26
01-13-2003, 07:29 PM
I was looking at the schedule a couple of weeks ago with some buddies trying to figure out a good weekend this summer to take a roadtrip and try to catch the Sox in 2 or 3 different parks. Anyone else have anything like this planned? Ideally, it would be a central division swing from Detroit to Cleveland or vice versa. I thought it would be cool, if timed right, to catch a game in Cincy too.

Comerica has been ripped in the Detroit press and by their fans. Anyone been there that could offer a description? I'd still rather see a game there than in Minnesota.

HawkDJ
01-13-2003, 07:31 PM
Like every year, 1-5. I wish I could go to more but seeing as I'm 15 its hard. It annoys me when people deside to boycot Comiskey just because the Sox make bonehead moves or are losing terribly. We are fans and are supposed to support the team no matter what.

Daver
01-13-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
I'd still rather see a game there than in Minnesota.

Do not go and see any sporting event at the Rollerdome,that place is a dump.

doublem23
01-13-2003, 07:49 PM
The way they're looking like playin' now, probably 6-10 (I may try and do that Sox 7 thingy), however, if they start to play well, I could easily see me spending more time and money there. I have a day job this summer, so I'll be able to make it to Comiskey more often than the last two years when I worked primarily at night.

Depends on how long the money holds out! :)

doublem23
01-13-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
Like every year, 1-5. I wish I could go to more but seeing as I'm 15 its hard. It annoys me when people deside to boycot Comiskey just because the Sox make bonehead moves or are losing terribly. We are fans and are supposed to support the team no matter what.

I don't want to waste my money on the Sox if they suck. I'd much rather just save it and bring it back to Peoria next September.

Daver
01-13-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
I don't want to waste my money on the Sox if they suck. I'd much rather just save it and bring it back to Peoria next September.

There were six empty beer bottles on my sisters lawn last Tuesday,are you the guilty party?

nut_stock
01-13-2003, 08:04 PM
I wish I could see more than just a couple games a year in person. I usually drive the 280 miles twice a summer with a couple buddies, It makes a nice weekend getaway.

doublem23
01-13-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by daver
There were six empty beer bottles on my sisters lawn last Tuesday,are you the guilty party?

Naw, I'm still on break.

Chisox_cali
01-13-2003, 08:25 PM
Well definately 3, when the Sox play the Dodgers, thank god, I don't have to go to Anaheim, and Dodger Stadium is so much closer to me. Though depending on how the Sox are doing, I may make the trek out to tha O.C.

ilovemags30
01-13-2003, 08:56 PM
lol ill be goin to all of them... but then again.. ill be working there evey home game :D

chisox06
01-13-2003, 09:05 PM
Well although I live in north Western Michigan now that I have my own car (FINALLY) hopefully I'll get to about 4-5 games this year. I would always go to at least one game with my Dad (cubs/sox last 2 years) but now I have some of that oh so wonderful independence I'll be hopefully heading down quite a bit this year. Although that Dan Ryan is one intimidating monster, It's worth it!

whitesoxwilkes
01-13-2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
I was looking at the schedule a couple of weeks ago with some buddies trying to figure out a good weekend this summer to take a roadtrip and try to catch the Sox in 2 or 3 different parks. Anyone else have anything like this planned? Ideally, it would be a central division swing from Detroit to Cleveland or vice versa. I thought it would be cool, if timed right, to catch a game in Cincy too.

Comerica has been ripped in the Detroit press and by their fans. Anyone been there that could offer a description? I'd still rather see a game there than in Minnesota.

Brian, let's talk about this as the season draws closer...PM me. My girlfriend and I have been talking about taking a week off and doing the same thing.

Comerica is a sweet park. Any seat anywhere is good. Reminds me a lot of Miller Park or Camden Yards with the big overhang over the lower bowl.

nut_stock
01-13-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by chisox06
Well although I live in north Western Michigan now that I have my own car (FINALLY) hopefully I'll get to about 4-5 games this year. I would always go to at least one game with my Dad (cubs/sox last 2 years) but now I have some of that oh so wonderful independence I'll be hopefully heading down quite a bit this year. Although that Dan Ryan is one intimidating monster, It's worth it!

You could always use Lake Shore Drive and cut over on 31st st if you hate the Dan Ryan. (or better yet, park the car and take the CTA) How long does it take you to drive from NW Michigan?

Huisj
01-13-2003, 11:25 PM
about comerica, i think it's pretty stinking nice. i don't know why the press was complaining about it. actually espn rated it as one of their favorites on their tour of stadiums. it would have to be a heck of a lot better place to watch a game than the metrodome.

Iwritecode
01-14-2003, 09:39 AM
I answered with the usual "1-5". I'm getting the weekend package from Soxfest and that comes with 4 tickets good for any home game. I usually go to at least one Cubs/Sox game and both my wife and friend want to go on their b-days this year.

Considering my b-day is October 21st, I usually don't hold out much hope for going to a game on my b-day... :(:

Pete_SSAC
01-14-2003, 03:20 PM
1-5, like normal. If I had a little bit more money, and time, I would go a lot more often. I'm dragging a few of my un-sports inclined friends to a game this summer, just they don't know it yet... heh.

- Pete, who might take them to Chewing Gum Park for a Sox game, for added protection.

hose
01-14-2003, 04:19 PM

You might have to go with the NASCAR to get to Comiskey, could be some bumping on the Dan Ryan

RedPinStripes
01-14-2003, 05:33 PM
I usually hit about 11-20. Last year with the crappy deal with being out of work i was only able to make about 7 games. I'd like to hit 20 if all goes well. I'm a weekend warrior. i never plan it. usually one of my buddy's call me up on friday or saturday morning and ask if i want to go that day or the next day. We're so organized!

chisox06
01-16-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by nut_stock
You could always use Lake Shore Drive and cut over on 31st st if you hate the Dan Ryan. (or better yet, park the car and take the CTA) How long does it take you to drive from NW Michigan?

Hey thanks for the heads up. My dad always told me it would be my "driving right of passage" to drive on the Dan Ryan so to show him the man that I know I am :D: , I'll prolly take that. Or just take Lake Shore drive and lie to him, eh eiter way I'll be at Comiskey and that'll make him proud either way. :smile:

As far as where I am. I live in Twin Lake (just moved here from Grand Rapids) it would be about a 4-4.5 hour drive I think, not horribly bad.

kevingrt
01-16-2003, 06:21 PM
If I only had a little money in my pocket. I'll most likely be going to around 8 this year like usual. I can't wait till I get that raise then get those oh so valuable season tickets!

Here I come half price mondays and tuesdays!

Daver
01-16-2003, 06:24 PM
Hey thanks for the heads up. My dad always told me it would be my "driving right of passage" to drive on the Dan Ryan

The Ryan is no big deal,just drive a full size 4WD pickup truck with a 4" lift on it and lean on the horn,people in little cars will get the hell out of your way.

It works twice a day for me anyway........

:)

RedPinStripes
01-16-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by daver
The Ryan is no big deal,just drive a full size 4WD pickup truck with a 4" lift on it and lean on the horn,people in little cars will get the hell out of your way.

It works twice a day for me anyway........

:)

A 26ft sterling with an air horn carrying 50,000 lbs helps too. :redneck