PDA

View Full Version : "WS could make run at Colon"

NewyorkSoxFan
01-13-2003, 02:20 PM
As if we didn't have enough to be worried about, here is a blip from TSN saying we actually have a chance. Yes, every Sox fans nightmare... the rumor quickly preceeded by bitter disappointment. But at least we get some face time. :)

NYSF

http://www.sportingnews.com/baseball/

Foulke You
01-13-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by NewyorkSoxFan
As if we didn't have enough to be worried about, here is a blip from TSN saying we actually have a chance. Yes, every Sox fans nightmare... the rumor quickly preceeded by bitter disappointment. But at least we get some face time. :)

NYSF

http://www.sportingnews.com/baseball/

It does seem like these articles come out just to taunt us doesn't it?

duke of dorwood
01-13-2003, 04:16 PM
Simply pick up either Colon or Vasquez. We'll regret it if we dont.

nut_stock
01-13-2003, 10:52 PM
Im assuming the Expos have too cut payrole before Spring training, is this correct or do they have more time??

harwar
01-14-2003, 09:13 AM
I'd rather have Vasquez than colon.Seattles' GM said he was hovering at 250 or 260 lbs. when he went to to the D.R. to see him.I'm just worried about what K.W. would be willing to give up for Colon.

hold2dibber
01-14-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by harwar
I'd rather have Vasquez than colon.Seattles' GM said he was hovering at 250 or 260 lbs. when he went to to the D.R. to see him.I'm just worried about what K.W. would be willing to give up for Colon.

I agree; however, IIRC, the Expos have been ordered to shave about $10 million from the payroll. I think Vazquez will earn about $4 million in '03. That means they almost certainly would prefer to deal Colon (especially since he's only under contract for one more year). I think to get Vazquez, the Sox would have to take on the Tatis contract. I think they should do it. Tatis is in the last year of his contract, he does have talent, and Vazquez would be under Sox' control for either 2 or 3 years (I can't remember which).