PDA

View Full Version : Comiskey Park Changes

ChiSoxKurek8
01-12-2003, 11:05 PM
I drove by the stadium yesterday and noticed black everywhere when it used to be white (like the poles in the outfield).

Is there a website where I can get a picture of these changes...I would really like to see them before I go there opening day.

LAter

Daver
01-12-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by ChiSoxKurek8
I drove by the stadium yesterday and noticed black everywhere when it used to be white (like the poles in the outfield).

Is there a website where I can get a picture of these changes...I would really like to see them before I go there opening day.

LAter

Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

WinningUgly!
01-12-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by ChiSoxKurek8

LAter

Welcome aboard!

Not sure if this (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16446) will help or not.

nut_stock
01-13-2003, 12:14 AM
Also, There are recent pictures taken outside the stadium in the WSI picture gallery.

soxnut
01-13-2003, 12:42 AM
Too bad noone has pictures from the goings on on the inside. A few years ago(dec 200) I took some pictures when they were remodeling the bullpens and the seats along the foul lines. I haven't had a chance to go down there to do the same this year. I suppose the gift shop isn't open now........ :(: :(:

nut_stock
01-13-2003, 01:19 AM
If I had the chance, I'd walk up to the front desk and tell them I'm considering season tickets and would like to look around. (of course a camera would be hid in my coat pocket)

Viva Magglio
01-13-2003, 07:58 AM
In addition to the upper deck overhang being painted black, the upper deck and outfield concourses are being renovated to look like the lower deck concourse. Also, the concrete facade of the upper deck has been painted gray.

Hangar18
01-13-2003, 04:39 PM
welcome Chisoxkurek8.
DONT WORRY! your not missing anything.
The only thing I liked about new Comiskey Architecturally speaking, was the fact One could Walk all around the stadium, and be able to see the game.
The Sox seeing this, Decided they wanted to ruin the last
good thing about COmiskey. Theyre builiding extra seats
in right field, which will overlap the concourse.
Ridiculous. And Embarrassing.

Whats next? are they purposely raise the prices of
Tickets across the boards? hey wait, they just did that.

Are they going to not actively try to make the team better?
wait..theyre doing that now......

nut_stock
01-13-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Theyre builiding extra seats

Have you or anyone else had a chance to see the changes in the park. In the photos I wasn't sure if those new seats were in RF or CF. Reguardless, it looked like you are correct about them preventing someone from walking all around the stadium, and being able to see the game.

soxnut
01-14-2003, 01:05 PM
From Hangar18 : DONT WORRY! your not missing anything.
The only thing I liked about new Comiskey Architecturally speaking, was the fact One could Walk all around the stadium, and be able to see the game.
The Sox seeing this, Decided they wanted to ruin the last
good thing about COmiskey. Theyre builiding extra seats
Ridiculous. And Embarrassing.

:(:
I don't know where you're getting that they are building seats in right field. The center field backdrop is where they are doing some building of a seating area . Where else do you think Peter Gammons is going to sit when doing Baseball Tonight from the All-Star Game and World Series??? :?: :?:

Seriously, they are building a seating in center. :D:

soxnut
01-14-2003, 01:10 PM
And when I called the pr dept to find this out..ahem....they also said, but were somewhat vague, that a restaurant will be going under there. so, my guess is that you would still be able to see from centerfield when in the restaurant. Which is better, I think than what it is now. Hopefully it will be like in the new Cincinati ballpark, where they are using no-glare glass in order to see the action on the field. Hey before they even built the new centerfield backdrop, there was NO view from cf...... :cool: :cool:

nut_stock
01-14-2003, 07:39 PM
I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record but maybe they finally took my idea of building a Hooters restaraunt at the park!

soxnut
01-15-2003, 10:58 AM
...the Upper Deck and outfield concourses are receiving similar upgrades as the main concourse, which was completed before '02. Behind the batter's eye we are constructing a concession rotunda that will feature a deck on top.

Dan Polvere
(ISFA) :smile:

nut_stock
01-15-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by soxnut
...the Upper Deck and outfield concourses are receiving similar upgrades as the main concourse, which was completed before '02. Behind the batter's eye we are constructing a concession rotunda that will feature a deck on top.

Dan Polvere
(ISFA) :smile:

Hey an insider..... Are they putting the trees in LF concourse like in the photos also?

Hangar18
01-15-2003, 02:58 PM
HEY Dan Polvere (ISFA)
why not put real bldgs in the field,,,like in the pics from before...
at least it would look like a city scape out there...
but make them actually USABLE (put a Fridays out there etc...)

Hangar18
01-15-2003, 03:14 PM
HEY, that was my idea.
I proposed way back yrs ago....to wreck the entire outfield
area (on the concourse) and put miniature buildings out there...
and make one of them usable....and make it a Hooters...
complete with a real rooftop so people can drink and watch the
game. I amended it recently to just make ALL the buildings
real out there, maximum 2 levels high...they could "lease" it
out to various bars/restaurants....
Remake the scoreboard so it looks like it used to (1977)...just not
all that advertising on it
Take a tip from the SFGIANTS.
Instead of putting a 90 foot giant billboard with a Coke on it...
They decided to put a giant illuminated Coke Bottle out there....
what an excellent idea. everytime I see that Lit Up GreenBottle in hilites...I think of PacBell, and I think of COKE.

why doesnt ANYONE think forward over at ISFA or 35th st???
They had the right idea putting a new bldg in the LF corner,(which was since scrapped).....but take it a STEP FURTHER AND DO WHAT SanDIEGO IS DOING......put this BLDG PRACTICALLY INSIDE THE STADIUM. make it look as if it were there the whole time........
Why have the Sox ever considered hiring me to work for them....I would never have let them build that in the first place...
now Comiskey JR is being built on the lakefront....yechhhh

Cheryl
01-15-2003, 03:27 PM
Put one of these (http://www.cnn.com/2003/TRAVEL/01/14/offbeat.lava.lamp.reut/index.html)
on the concourse too.

CHISOXFAN13
01-15-2003, 03:44 PM
Not sure what is going on with it, but there is a large crane viewable from the entrance to the Dan Ryan in the middle of the field. I wish I knew what was going on there.

nut_stock
01-15-2003, 03:50 PM
maybe the crane is there to create the illusion of something actually happening.

Hangar18
01-15-2003, 03:57 PM
LAUGH MY *** OFF

Your right...its the old Smoke and Mirrors Trick...
Its a mirror Image of the Crane Across the Dan Ryan
tearing down the projects

soxnut
01-15-2003, 04:58 PM
:smile: Hey you all have great ideas. How many times have you suggested them to ISFA or the Sox? Write, email, talk to sales reps for those who have season tickets. Talk to reps at Soxfest. I do it quite often.

I do like the idea about making buildings and leasing them, especially considering the turnaround of the south loop area and the revitalization of the Stateway Gardens area. I'm sure there will be a market for bars/restaurants in the near future.

Obviously they must listen somewhat to what fans are saying or there wouldn't be any renovations going on at all. Last year at a game I talked to a sales rep and he said there are renovations planned even after the All-Star game.

If you have questions about the park, I suggest to email dan@isfathority.com :smile: Just please be nice to the guy, he seemed to be pretty nice in his email reply.

dllrbll7
01-15-2003, 05:05 PM
I really like that idea about the buildings in centerfield. I think the roof top seating would also look good as long as it didnt look like the north side. They could have the restraunts open year round like the brewers have. If they put acouple bars in there it would be aplace to hang out after the game as long as they keep the prices normal like the Fridays in Miller Park did.

IronFisk
01-15-2003, 08:14 PM
That new San Diego stadium is actually being built AROUND an existing building. It will stick out from left field into play - looks fantastic. I think there will be luxury boxes, restaruants, etc. - kinda like they did with Ford's Field. Of course, new Comiskey could've incorporated McCuddy's when built in the same fashion - aw crap, another reason to despise the place! :angry: