PDA

View Full Version : Steinbrennar comments on Bud

Daver
01-09-2003, 12:58 PM
This is from BP's "Week in Quotes"

"I am a Bud Selig man. I consider him a good friend. he's a master at building people together. But while I'm loyal to Bud Selig, the biggest beneficiary in this whole plan are the Milwaukee Brewers. That doesn't seem quite right. I don't know how he sleeps at night sometimes."
--George Steinbrenner, Yankees owner

FanOf14
01-09-2003, 01:01 PM
I read that one the other day...talk about speaking with a forked tongue... I can't say Idisagree with King George, but, if you are going to say something, say it without trying to sugar coat it.

Hangar18
01-09-2003, 01:11 PM
Isnt It Also kind of funny how the Arizona Diamondbacks back in '97, who at that point, hadnt even been in the MLB for 10 minutes, Decide they dont want to be in the American League,
they would rather be in the National League. Of course, a real commissioner wouldve said:
'hey, you havnt played one damn game yet, and your telling me where you want to play? Get Your A**ES in the AMERICAN where we put you and shut up'

of course, the Commissioner had his own agenda...which was to move his team to the National League and pretend his Brewers were the Braves again (even though that team still exists and is in ATLANTA)

What A Sham

Lip Man 1
01-09-2003, 06:17 PM
Thank God the D-backs aren't in the American League. That's one more team the Sox would have no chance of beating especially when their payroll is 90+ million.

Lip