PDA

View Full Version : The Cubs Snub..lol

ChiSox1983
01-08-2003, 10:08 AM
Well the HOF has spoken and the 1984 and 1987 NL MVP didnt make it in this year wich it comes no surpize to me. I know the Flub fans will whine and cry all damn day about it me personally I will be trying to figure out how many strikeouts Sosa and Alou will get this year. Maybe next year they will get in...lol do you guys realize that saying that is getting really damn old??.. :D: only thing I have to say about the HOF is that Ron Santo needs to be in there come on if Banks and Jenkins can be in so can the man who gave up both his legs because of the disease he kept secret to play the game for both sides of Chicago.

Nellie_Fox
01-08-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by ChiCubs1984
....only thing I have to say about the HOF is that Ron Santo needs to be in there come on if Banks and Jenkins can be in so can the man who gave up both his legs because of the disease he kept secret to play the game for both sides of Chicago. Banks, Williams and Jenkins are already in the HOF from that club. I think the voters just can't bring themselves to put in another player from a club that never won anything. I mean, if there were four HOFers on the club, why were they never in the postseason?

cheeses_h_rice
01-08-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Banks, Williams and Jenkins are already in the HOF from that club. I think the voters just can't bring themselves to put in another player from a club that never won anything. I mean, if there were four HOFers on the club, why were they never in the postseason?

:shammy

I know of at least one more Flub player who's getting in...!

Vsahajpal
01-08-2003, 02:09 PM
Well the HOF has spoken and the 1984 and 1987 NL MVP didnt make it in this year wich it comes no surpize to me. I know the Flub fans will whine and cry all damn day about it me personally I will be trying to figure out how many strikeouts Sosa and Alou will get this year. Maybe next year they will get in...lol do you guys realize that saying that is getting really damn old??.. :D: only thing I have to say about the HOF is that Ron Santo needs to be in there come on if Banks and Jenkins can be in so can the man who gave up both his legs because of the disease he kept secret to play the game for both sides of Chicago.

Right...because Alou strikes out a lot...drop the act.

Iwritecode
01-08-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
Right...because Alou strikes out a lot...drop the act.

No, he was injured too much to get his K's all that high...

Sorry, it was there, I had to do it. :D:

Unregistered
01-08-2003, 02:59 PM
Right...because Alou strikes out a lot...drop the act. I'm with Vic on this one... we get it, you're a Cubs fan yet hate everything Cubs-related. Yet somehow by repeating the fact that you hate Shammy and Wrigley Field, I keep seeing this as a way to push the agenda of talking all things Cub on a Sox board... or maybe i'm just paranoid...

Iwritecode
01-08-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
I'm with Vic on this one... we get it, you're a Cubs fan yet hate everything Cubs-related. Yet somehow by repeating the fact that you hate Shammy and Wrigley Field, I keep seeing this as a way to push the agenda of talking all things Cub on a Sox board... or maybe i'm just paranoid...

I hate to say it but there's not really much to discuss for either team these days that hasn't already been beaten to death. Really the only reason the Cubs are being brought up at all is because they had an ex-player eligble for the HOF.

The only thing Sox-related left to talk about is how Peter Gammons keeps spreading rumors all over Boston about Colon coming to Chicago. He's made quite a few paranoid Boston fans...

Vsahajpal
01-08-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
I'm with Vic on this one... we get it, you're a Cubs fan yet hate everything Cubs-related. Yet somehow by repeating the fact that you hate Shammy and Wrigley Field, I keep seeing this as a way to push the agenda of talking all things Cub on a Sox board... or maybe i'm just paranoid...

Thank you.

voodoochile
01-08-2003, 04:14 PM
Thank you.

I knew it, Vic's really a Sox fan...

:D:

Seriously though, CC1984 has only talked about things that Sox fans have been talking about on these boards, either now or in the past - HOF snubs and why we hate the flubbie mentality. It isn't like no one has never discussed these exact points before, it is just this time it is a flubs fan bringing them up. Heck, people were talking about whether these guys deserved the HOF last week on this very board...

Besides, this is WSI, trolling the flubs is a time honored tradition...

Unregistered
01-08-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Seriously though, CC1984 has only talked about things that Sox fans have been talking about on these boards, either now or in the past - HOF snubs and why we hate the flubbie mentality. It isn't like no one has never discussed these exact points before, it is just this time it is a flubs fan bringing them up. True, but there's something that reeks about the presentation of the topics... the whole ''I may be a Cubs fan, but I hate everything about the Cubs, too!'' <nudge, wink> makes me wonder what the whole angle is here... just a gut feeling.

RedPinStripes
01-08-2003, 05:18 PM

Why should santo be in there? Because people are supposed to feel sorry for him? Didnt he hit like .266 career?

Nellie_Fox
01-09-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
Why should santo be in there? Because people are supposed to feel sorry for him? Didnt he hit like .266 career? .277

T Dog
01-09-2003, 02:20 PM
And he once led the National League in triples.