PDA

View Full Version : The actual name of a Cleveland Indian farmhand

SoxxoS
01-06-2003, 06:38 PM
Coco Crisp (http://fantasy.sportingnews.com/voices/david_srinivasan/20030106.html)

:KW

"Ohhhhh. I thought you meant the other Coco Crisp."

Daver
01-06-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
Coco Crisp (http://fantasy.sportingnews.com/voices/david_srinivasan/20030106.html)

That ranks right up there with Giants minor league pitcher Boof Bonser. :redneck

pearso66
01-06-2003, 08:13 PM
coco crisp was with the major league team last year, i think when rosters expanded to 40. Sportcenter made a big deal about him when his first game, and first hit, and all of that

HawkDJ
01-06-2003, 08:37 PM
Yeah he was pretty famous last year for those who watch any ESPN at all. Cocco Crisp isn't his real name though, it's Covelli Crisp.

Lip Man 1
01-06-2003, 09:29 PM
For those of you old enough to remember:

Baskerville Holmes (Memphis State basketball player)
Clifford Poindexter (former Bulls player)
Roscoe Poindexter (Clifford's brother, both played at UNLV, I think)
ZeFross Moss (offensive lineman for the Indianapolis Colts)

and when I was working in Monroe, Louisiana one of the high schools had a cornerback named: SHADE GREEN!

Lip

hose
01-06-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
For those of you old enough to remember:

Baskerville Holmes (Memphis State basketball player)
Clifford Poindexter (former Bulls player)
Roscoe Poindexter (Clifford's brother, both played at UNLV, I think)
ZeFross Moss (offensive lineman for the Indianapolis Colts)

and when I was working in Monroe, Louisiana one of the high schools had a cornerback named: SHADE GREEN!

Lip

Cleveland Brown- Fair Hooker

WinningUgly!
01-06-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS

:KW

"Ohhhhh. I thought you meant the other Coco Crisp."

So Mama had 9 months to come up with a name & can't even spell Cocoa right?

MarqSox
01-07-2003, 01:10 AM
Two words: God Shamgodd

OfficerKarkovice
01-07-2003, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by MarqSox
Two words: God Shamgodd

I was just thinking of that...that cannot be topped...athough I like Boof Bonser (for one the kid is a hell of a player).

FanOf14
01-07-2003, 09:00 AM
I still like Milton Bradley (sp?). I almost fell over the first time I saw that guy's name in a line up.

34 Inch Stick
01-07-2003, 12:03 PM
Dick Poole. Either his mother was being redundant or had very high aspirations for her son.

Kilroy
01-07-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Dick Poole. Either his mother was being redundant or had very high aspirations for her son.

Poole or Pole? There's a Dick Pole in the sportsworld somewhere. There's also a Dick Harter. He must get looks when he introduces himself.

God Shamgodd is the captain of the all-time crazy names team.

Vsahajpal
01-07-2003, 01:08 PM
I'm partial to Syracuse basketball player Duany Duany...

But my all-time favorite is former Stanford University swimmer Misty Hymen.

Dadawg_77
01-07-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy
Poole or Pole? There's a Dick Pole in the sportsworld somewhere. There's also a Dick Harter. He must get looks when he introduces himself.

God Shamgodd is the captain of the all-time crazy names team.

Dick was a NASCAR or some other type of race car driver. ESPN always showed his highlights no matter where he finished.

I wonder what ever happen to God Shamgod. That kids had some sweet handles.

34 Inch Stick
01-07-2003, 01:58 PM
Then, of course, there was Dick Such (pronounce suck). That's just plain mean to do to a kid. Parents have got to do a little thinking out there. The name Dick should probably be banned.

MarqSox
01-07-2003, 03:12 PM
I once had a friend tell me his favorite Sox player was Rusty Kuntz. I laughed ... I later found out that Rusty Kuntz was a real player.

Chisox353014
01-07-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Dick was a NASCAR or some other type of race car driver. ESPN always showed his highlights no matter where he finished.

Never thought I would say something like this to another man but, I think you're thinking of Dick Trickle. I don't like racing, but there are some good names in the sport. Isn't there a guy named "Buckshot" something-or-other?
I always liked the names World B. Free and Granville Waiters from back in the day. My current favorite is Dallas Cowboy Flozell Adams. I tried to convince my sister to name her baby Flozell but it didn't work.

Daver
01-07-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014
Isn't there a guy named "Buckshot" something-or-other?

You would be referring to Roy "Buckshot" Jones,a former driver for Petty Enterprises.

WinningUgly!
01-07-2003, 09:56 PM
A few other good ones...
Harry Colon-Lions
Justin Spier-Indians
:)