PDA

View Full Version : Nickname Idea (For Torn Labrum and PHG)

RKMeibalane
01-05-2003, 01:08 PM
Ever since Torn Labrum came up with the nicknames Professor Chaos and General Disarray to describe Ken Williams and Jerry Manuel, PHG has often included these names in his post-game recaps.

I was thinking about this earlier, and I have come up with a nickname for another White Sox official/coach. I now propose that Gary Ward be referred to as "Commander Clueless," due to his inability to awaken Sox bats last summer, when there was still a chance they might catch Minnesota.

Ward was criticized by severa players, primarily because he insisted on holding "hitter meetings" to discuss pitching matchups in upcoming games. Obviously, this strategy didn't work well. I hope he doesn't use it in 2003, but one can never be sure where the Sox are concerned.

PaleHoseGeorge
01-06-2003, 06:52 PM
Nothing succeeds like success! If enough posters start calling Gary Ward by his new nickname, you can be sure we'll be sucking up. :D:

TornLabrum
01-06-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Nothing succeeds like success! If enough posters start calling Gary Ward by his new nickname, you can be sure we'll be sucking up. :D:

The problem with my using that nickname is that in other locations, I called our former GM "Clueless Shoe" for a number of years.