PDA

View Full Version : Kenny messes up...again


gosox41
01-04-2003, 12:48 PM
According to ESPN.com, Montreal is close to trading either Colon or Vazquez tp Boston in a 3 team trade. Boston would be giving up Shea Hillebrand to the Mets. No word on who the Mets would give up.

Why can't Kenny be creative and do something like this? Oh yeah, because he's an idiot. While the trade isn't official, it's more then likely that the Sox are NOT going to wind up with Vazquez or Colon.

So far this winter, KW could have had either Colon, Vazquez, or Millwood for very little. Lucky we have Rocky Biddle.


:KW
Stupid Sox fans. Didn't you know that Bille Beane and Carl Pohlad are paying my salary and not Uncle Jerry. If everything goes according to plan, I can make the Sox worse then the Royals in less then two years.

TornLabrum
01-04-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
According to ESPN.com, Montreal is close to trading either Colon or Vazquez tp Boston in a 3 team trade. Boston would be giving up Shea Hillebrand to the Mets. No word on who the Mets would give up.

Why can't Kenny be creative and do something like this? Oh yeah, because he's an idiot. While the trade isn't official, it's more then likely that the Sox are NOT going to wind up with Vazquez or Colon.

So far this winter, KW could have had either Colon, Vazquez, or Millwood for very little. Lucky we have Rocky Biddle.

:reinsy

"Do you really want to know why Kenny hasn't made any trades or signed any free agents? He spent the salary budget paying for the guys we traded."

:KW

"I don't know where I went wrong. When I did the math, I thought we were saving money by paying those guys."

Brian26
01-04-2003, 02:52 PM
We would have to give up more than "a little" to get Colon or Vasquez. It's easier said than done. Let's not turn this into a Cubs fan calling into the Score saying they should package Dickie Noles, Thad Bosley and a Marla Collins for Babe Ruth.

With that said, the Millwood trade still boggles my mind. Not sure how good Estrada is, but it would have been nice to pencil Millwood in as the #3 starter behind Buehrle and Garland.

jeremyb1
01-04-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
We would have to give up more than "a little" to get Colon or Vasquez. It's easier said than done. Let's not turn this into a Cubs fan calling into the Score saying they should package Dickie Noles, Thad Bosley and a Marla Collins for Babe Ruth.

With that said, the Millwood trade still boggles my mind. Not sure how good Estrada is, but it would have been nice to pencil Millwood in as the #3 starter behind Buehrle and Garland.

yeah. estrada is not very good although shuelholz and the braves supposedly liked him even though he's a 26 year old who's hardly pitched outside the majors. they supposedly asked the red sox for fossum who's a good deal better and they may have made similar demands to us but you'd think if we'd offered them anything comperable or even better such as malone, they'd bite since they'd avoid trading millwood to a competitor in their division. a lot of people have argued they should've non-tendered millwood just on the chance a team from a different division would sign him. its hard to acertain exactly how much of this is shuelholtz's fault and how much of the blame goes to kw/jr. schuelrholz claims he was on the phone with "everyone" yet he seemingly decided to trade millwood very hastily and allowed next to no time for other bidders to emerge.

as for how good millwood is, rob neyer had a good article explaining how he would've been the braves best pitcher this season, even better than maddux. he would've been an excellent number two for us and probably would've had as good a season as buehrle or close. i don't want to dwell on it but i can't stop thinking about how huge this move would've been for us. it would've made us the team to beat in the central in my opinion.

RedPinStripes
01-04-2003, 05:31 PM
We've been lied to again.............

Franks' salary is down, the whole teams salary is down and they arent going to do a damn thing to improve the team.

I'll bet KW does something right before soxfest to try and save his ass in public. A lot of people layed off him last year when they waited till everyone was in line that the sox signed Lofton.

I wasnt sure of the deal at the time so i wasnt ready to rip him apart. I will have a written speech this year though.

TornLabrum
01-04-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I'll bet KW does something right before soxfest to try and save his ass in public. A lot of people layed off him last year when they waited till everyone was in line that the sox signed Lofton.

I submitted a column to PHG earlier this afternoon that quotes one of the Sox broadcasters as saying that he thinks something is going to happen just before SoxFest. The Sox have done exactly that in the past.

hold2dibber
01-04-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
We would have to give up more than "a little" to get Colon or Vasquez. It's easier said than done. Let's not turn this into a Cubs fan calling into the Score saying they should package Dickie Noles, Thad Bosley and a Marla Collins for Babe Ruth.

With that said, the Millwood trade still boggles my mind. Not sure how good Estrada is, but it would have been nice to pencil Millwood in as the #3 starter behind Buehrle and Garland.

Millwood BEHIND Garland as the no. 3? Huh?

Brian26
01-04-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Millwood BEHIND Garland as the no. 3? Huh?

As I stated in another thread, I believe Garland is going to have a HUGE breakout year. Just a strong hunch. He's been kicked around for three seasons now, and last year there were times when he showed signs of brilliance. Another year of maturity on the mound. I think the kid is going to blossom into an outstanding starter this year.

duke of dorwood
01-04-2003, 10:12 PM
Yes, we have been lied to, along with being blamed for the inability to get players. I'm sick of this stuff.

TornLabrum
01-04-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Yes, we have been lied to, along with being blamed for the inability to get players. I'm sick of this stuff.

Wow! I must really have my fingers on the pulse of Soxfandom this week. The latter part of this is another thread in the column I submitted early this afternoon!

(I just want it on the record that I'm not stealing the ideas you'll read next week!)

duke of dorwood
01-04-2003, 10:31 PM
Your position is noted. Looking forward to it

Daver
01-04-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum
Wow! I must really have my fingers on the pulse of Soxfandom this week. The latter part of this is another thread in the column I submitted early this afternoon!

(I just want it on the record that I'm not stealing the ideas you'll read next week!)

Hello from Indiana!

No one would think you were stealing ideas Hal,this forum is intended to be an exchange of opinions,if you were to choose to take an opinion from here and expand on it to articulate it into an article more power to you,it is still your thought and reasoning that writes the article.

:redneck

OEO Magglio
01-05-2003, 12:06 AM
As I stated in another thread, I believe Garland is going to have a HUGE breakout year. Just a strong hunch. He's been kicked around for three seasons now, and last year there were times when he showed signs of brilliance. Another year of maturity on the mound. I think the kid is going to blossom into an outstanding starter this year

I agree with you that Garland is going to have a break out season, and is going to emerge as a real number 2, but to start this season if we would have got Millwood, he would of had to be the Sox number 2.

duke of dorwood
01-05-2003, 12:08 AM
Maybe KW wont trade for a #2, because he remembers what #2 was when he was potty trained?

Lip Man 1
01-05-2003, 12:38 AM
Phil Rogers has just posted a column on the Tribune site that I'm sure will have Andrew and Mark Edwards going ga-ga.

But for me the telling point was where Rogers stated that Jerry Reinsdorf could shell out another 7 to 8 million on pitching and STILL be right at a 50 million dollar payroll on Opening Day.

Remember last July when a bunch of us were warning fans at WSI that the Sox were going to cut the payroll down to the 45 million dollar range? If Rogers' math is correct the Sox right now are at 42 or 43 million.

That's absolutely sickening and disgusting.

Lip

Kilroy
01-05-2003, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Phil Rogers has just posted a column on the Tribune site that I'm sure will have Andrew and Mark Edwards going ga-ga.

But for me the telling point was where Rogers stated that Jerry Reinsdorf could shell out another 7 to 8 million on pitching and STILL be right at a 50 million dollar payroll on Opening Day.

Remember last July when a bunch of us were warning fans at WSI that the Sox were going to cut the payroll down to the 45 million dollar range? If Rogers' math is correct the Sox right now are at 42 or 43 million.

That's absolutely sickening and disgusting.

Lip

I don't know about you guys, Lip excluded because I do know what he thinks, but I couldn't care less what the payroll is. 42 mil, or 142 mil. What I care about is the bullets that will be in the White Sox gun next season. Right now, I think they are a few bullets short of a full clip, and nothings being done to load up.

Thats what is sickening and disgusting. Are they trying to win? Or are they just planning on coasting thru this season because they are hosting the All Star game?

RedPinStripes
01-05-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
I don't know about you guys, Lip excluded because I do know what he thinks, but I couldn't care less what the payroll is. 42 mil, or 142 mil. What I care about is the bullets that will be in the White Sox gun next season. Right now, I think they are a few bullets short of a full clip, and nothings being done to load up.

Thats what is sickening and disgusting. Are they trying to win? Or are they just planning on coasting thru this season because they are hosting the All Star game?


An ace or true #2 would help the chances of this team beating the twins if everyone else does what is expected. If that brings the payroll up to 50 mill, i dont care, as long as we get what we need so i'm not watching the twins kick our ass all year and listen to our players talk about how the twins arent that good.