PDA

View Full Version : please trade ray

oldcomiskey
08-12-2001, 11:02 AM
God it hurts like hell to say this--because no one is a better Ray booster than me--but its time that he left---to Cleveland for Sandys bro---to MTL for Vidro--to Florida for the guy down there.. hellId take the guy from Anaheim...whose playing second fro dumash???

Kilroy
08-12-2001, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
God it hurts like hell to say this--because no one is a better Ray booster than me--but its time that he left---to Cleveland for Sandys bro---to MTL for Vidro--to Florida for the guy down there.. hellId take the guy from Anaheim...whose playing second fro dumash???

just wondering, but 2 years ago, were you saying that Frank Thomas should be traded?

Durham shouldn't be traded, he should be BENCHED indefinitely.

Paulwny
08-12-2001, 11:15 AM
I never ever thought much of Ray's glove work but his bat was usually very dependable. Man, what a bad year he's having.

oldcomiskey
08-12-2001, 11:22 AM
Frank had personal problems and besides when he did get hot---nobody could carry a team like him--Ray is just hot because we traded JB---thats just my opinion---and if Frank starts to lay down for no apparent reason---yes, he should be traded--now dont get me wrong---hitting a baseball consisitantly is the toughest thing to do in all sports---besides what good is Ray on the bench--he should be traded or put Rowand in CF full time and let him lead off

Kilroy
08-12-2001, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
--Ray is just hot because we traded JB---thats just my opinion---

I agree completely with Ray being upset about JB being dealt. But trading him is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. His head just isn't there right now. And sometimes it takes time to get that back. We saw that happen w/ Thomas. Letting Ray sit for a week or 2 allows him to move his mind back to baseball because he'll be thinking "what the hell am I doing on the bench?"

Ray needs time to think. Tony G for a while, not just a game or two, would solve that.

Paulwny
08-12-2001, 11:50 AM
I agree Kilroy, bench him ~ 10 days, what do we have to lose. Right now his head's not in the game.

Iguana775
08-12-2001, 04:36 PM
at the very least, ray needs to be benched. he is hurting this team more than helping.

Mathew
08-12-2001, 06:04 PM
Remember when Tejada was benched for not running out a grounder he was obviously out on, 4-4 game. A's went on streak so did Tejada? Coincedence? It's called heart, we have none. When Valentin didn't get the R.B.I. a few games ago that we needed many came to his defence, no one to Ray's. Ray didn't lose that game, a worse team lost to a better one. P.S. a 2-2 pitch that isn't in the dirt or damn near it in that situation is ridiculous.

FarWestChicago
08-12-2001, 06:09 PM
It's called heart, we have none. When Valentin didn't get the R.B.I. a few games ago that we needed many came to his defence, no one to Ray's. Ray didn't lose that game, a worse team lost to a better one.

Some of our players have heart. Manos is amongst them and that's why people defended him. Ray's head is not in the game and hasn't been for much of the season. That is why people are down on him.

Tragg
08-12-2001, 06:10 PM
Ray should take a few days off, or at least bat down in the order.

That said, the sure way to ruin is to trade players when they are at the bottom of their market value, like ray is.