PDA

View Full Version : 2003: Virtual Edition (Continued)

RKMeibalane
01-03-2003, 11:47 AM
The following is a continuation of a thread I posted last month.

April 21: Jerry Manuel changes his lineup again. He elects to hit Joe Crede in the number two slot, but the move doesn't work. Despite hitting in front of a red-hot Frank Thomas, Crede goes 0-4 with two strikeouts. Manuel says, "You know I like to tinker. It didn't work tonight. It usually doesn't work. But I'll keep trying."

April 30: Frank Thomas closes out the month of April in "grand" fashion, leading the Sox to an 8-2 victory. Thomas drive in six runs total. His grandslam homerun travels 480 feet. Strangely, the ball hits Jay Mariotti in the back of his head.

May 4: The Sox continue to have problems with Oakland, as the Athletics dismantle the Pale Hoes by the score of 12-3. Miguel Tejada homers twice, driving in five runs. Eric Chavez also homers and drives in three. The Sox score their only runs on a Magglio Ordonez homerun, his sixth of the season.

May 11: Sox PBP announcer Hawk Harrelson again finds himself in trouble with Fox Sports Net officials. After a visit to WSI, Harrelson begins referring to the Sox manager as Jerry "The Tinkerer" Manuel on live television.