12-30-2002, 06:31 PM
To quote Krusty the Klown, "Now THAT'S comedy!!!"

LMAO.

TornLabrum
12-30-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
To quote Krusty the Klown, "Now THAT'S comedy!!!"

LMAO.

I thought that was the squirrel on Animaniacs?

DrCrawdad
12-30-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Signed to a Minor League deal

Who on ESPN reported this? Was it ESPN Baseball Insider and Cubbie Vineline writer Bruce Levine?

Daver
12-30-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
Who on ESPN reported this? Was it ESPN Baseball Insider and Cubbie Vineline writer Bruce Levine?

Bruce "Cubbie Blue" Levine.

Lip Man 1
12-30-2002, 08:49 PM
Laugh all you want but it's still ANOTHER move made by the Cubs. Meanwhile what does our brain dead organization do (besides make excuses and blame the fans..)

Lip

PaleHoseGeorge
12-30-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Laugh all you want but it's still ANOTHER move made by the Cubs. Meanwhile what does our brain dead organization do (besides make excuses and blame the fans..)

Lip

Lip, I really think you're stretching it here. I am one White Sox fan who is 100-times happier knowing my team isn't signing Rod Beck while the Flubs are.

This situation is akin to addition by subtraction. Or more precisely in the Flubbies' case, subtraction by addition. God I love those idiots!!!!

:lynch&mcfail
"If Rod fails to make the team, we'll put him in charge of the security screens protecting our fans from the riff-raff across the street!"

Daver
12-30-2002, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

"If Rod fails to make the team, we'll put him in charge of the security screens protecting our fans from the riff-raff across the street!"

That's why they call him "the Shooter",he is well qualified to be a security gaurd.

Lip Man 1
12-30-2002, 11:39 PM
Pale Hose George,

No question Beck is probably done. But you know what, the Cubs can cut him in spring training. In the meanwhile they still generate publicity... probably "positive", because I'm sure a lot of Cub fans out there feel he'll regain his 40+ save form (LOL).

You can make moves with little or no risk simply to make moves, and if in this case Beck turns out to be a decent middle or bridge man for them, then what have they lost?

It's akin to the Sox fans who have been posting that picking up Valdes or Daal will be a positive step. Those two probably won't win ten or 15 games but if they can pitch decently and again perhaps be a good spot starter or middle man, then what have the Sox really lost by taking a chance? (besides all that matters to Uncle Jerry...$$$)

Like I say you can play the PR game, shown your supporters that you're still alive and if it doesn't work, cut the guy early in camp. (I'm not saying that I'd want Beck for the Sox at all, just that making moves at this time of year doesn't hurt, especially since a guy like Beck isn't going to be a crucial piece anyway.)

Lip

jeremyb1
12-30-2002, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Pale Hose George,

No question Beck is probably done. But you know what, the Cubs can cut him in spring training. In the meanwhile they still generate publicity... probably "positive", because I'm sure a lot of Cub fans out there feel he'll regain his 40+ save form (LOL).

You can make moves with little or no risk simply to make moves, and if in this case Beck turns out to be a decent middle or bridge man for them, then what have they lost?

It's akin to the Sox fans who have been posting that picking up Valdes or Daal will be a positive step. Those two probably won't win ten or 15 games but if they can pitch decently and again perhaps be a good spot starter or middle man, then what have the Sox really lost by taking a chance? (besides all that matters to Uncle Jerry...$$$)

Like I say you can play the PR game, shown your supporters that you're still alive and if it doesn't work, cut the guy early in camp. (I'm not saying that I'd want Beck for the Sox at all, just that making moves at this time of year doesn't hurt, especially since a guy like Beck isn't going to be a crucial piece anyway.)

Lip

very good point. i was saying the same thing to my brother today. there is a ton of pr in making SOME move even if it isn't a huge one. you can try to spin the move to make it look like more and you keep your fans interested during the offseason. why not sign another arm to our pen? ligtenburg was non-tendered coming off of a season in which he had an era of 3. he may be as good as koch. why not sign him for a million or two. god knows we have the money. boston has done an excellent job signing timlin and mendoza for very little while the rangers signed esteban yan for a song. why we can't do that is beyond me.

WhiteSoxWinner
12-31-2002, 03:33 PM
KW in his interview with Jiggetts on the Score a couple weeks ago talked about how he gets bored easily and is always on the phone or talking scenarios. Hey Kenny, TRY DOING SOMETHING TO ALEVE THE BOREDOM AND PUT THE SOX BACK IN THE NEWS!!!

Heck, give us something to talk about. SoxFest will not generate enough buzz to put the team into people's minds.

:KW

Zzzzzzzz, huh? What do mean do something? I signed Sandy Alomar, Jr. Chew on that for three months.

Lip Man 1
12-31-2002, 08:50 PM
I've seen more life in a morgue then compared to the Sox front office. (of course the entire front office is composed of stiffs anyway aren't they?)

Lip